Sign in to follow this  
hgbn

One for Derk

post-29981-095209600 1286562988.jpg

Stumbled across this one and thought. This is something for Derk

Hey Henrik,

Now that IS nice, my first two cars, great fun they were... (though for the connaisseur : those two models are 4 strokes and I had 2 strokes, even more fun, especially with some holes in the exhaust system........) For an idea on that have a look at this:

AND TURN UP THE VOLUME !!!!!!!!!!!! (all your neighbours should enjoy it.....)

Thanks for this very kind post !!!!! (and see FaceBook...)

Hou doe,

Derk

Edited by Derk

Must be the version with the 1.7l Ford v4 engine those in the pic then? If I remember correctly

post-29981-083971300 1286569575.jpg

Awesome they even got a model of my first car :yikes: same colors

Yep, it's the V4. Did some driving in your Ford too, not a 20M but a 17M with indeed a V4 engine. Sounded rather rough in the SAAB though. What they should do at SAAB in my opinion is make a retro SAAB 96 (something like the New Beetle)....... Will miss the 2T though,:good: , very smooth like a 6 cylinder,sounded like a jet engine at high revs, reminded me off the airplane roots of the car. I still have the logo right here in my room with the name SAAB superimposed over a twin engine plane.....

Hou doe,

Derk

Edited by Derk

The Ford 20M was a very comfortable car IMHO and very low in noise level compared to many other cars of the time.. Only weak link was the gearbox... Changed 2 or 3 in mine... But Okay I was maybe a little hard on it since it could make some really awesome burnouts :grin: