Sign in to follow this  
boomer71492

Using X-36(USB) programming software in SFP1?

I have my driver and Saitek SST advanced programming software installed for my X-36(USB) joystick/throttle combination. I tested it and it works fine, but will not interface/overide with the default control input buttons/POV/etc. I think that the interface is somewhat working, but just some of the time.

Can anyone help me with a solution that will get my X-36 to work right/all the time, in SFP1 or any other flight sim for that matter.

Thanks in Advance,

Jim

Hi there & welcome to Biohaz :)

I notice that you have a similar post in the LOMAC forum - does the programming software work in any game or if you test it using notepad?

As SF P1 is relatively simple you can setup pretty much all the common functions on an X-36 using just the ingame mapping but we'll try & get it working as it is useful for LOMAC etc..

Could you please post some system details (OS, motherboard etc.).

Which version of SST are you using & have you read the manual (just checking basics)?

Hey Buff,

I had been experimenting more and found that eliminating all custom made input profiles, by me, seemed to have solved the problem; I seem to be able to get complete and consistant programming operation from my SST software. Thanks for the rapid response, though. I will try eliminating all and any custom made profiles in LOMAC and make sure just the default is left. I will tell you of my results as I get them.

Thanks Again,

Jim

You may find this useful - the X-45 is essentially the X-36USB in drag ;)

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=...0606&m=70710157

You need a different .dat though as they aren't interchangeable - I converted Precog's original X45 one & it's @ http://www.saitekforum.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=18047 for the nonTrackIR version

I've been looking all over for a way to convert that x45 config. I tried logging in to the saitek forum, but it says that I'm in the moderation queue to be added...hope it works.

I've been looking all over for a way to convert that x45 config.

Whilst an X-36 won't actually fully load an X45 .dat it will add in all the commands, they just need to be assigned.

Use the profile editor & try to open the X-45 .dat

Although it will appear empty if you right click in the editor on a button or in a cell you will see a list of all the commands. As Precog kindly provided a template for where all the button/states the commands are meant to go it's a relatively easy thing to just reassign the commands to their intended buttons/states.

Save the new X-36.dat which you can then of course load :)