Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

Fatal Error Loading Menu! OFF will now exit!

'Have been away from flying for a bit now. When I tried to launch OFF I got an error message which said 'Try uninstall and re-install. That I did. I went into Control Panel and uninstalled CFS3 (accidently) and OFF. Then re-installed both. Then got the SuperPatch V1.32 and the MiniPatch V1.32g...and got the same error message! Any thoughts on what is going on?

UncleAl: I went through the drill as explained. Did a Search and deleted everything that came up. Did an Advanced Search (including Hidden Files) and deleted all. When I could no longer get a response to 'OFF Searches', I checked Control Panel. I know you advised against going there, but after all the Searches, I still found the OFF.exe and the MegaPatch v1.32 in the list. I uninstalled both. (bad?)

After that I launched CFS3.and successfully flew a B-26. Then installed OFF, inserted the CSF3 Disc 1 when asked, and finished. At this point, before downloading the Patches, I tried to open OFF. No go. I got the same error message as last time. Any clues at this point? Thanks.

Yes .. See 'Pilot Training Video's' #13 in the knowledge Base. Fly the P47 once

Keep your hands out of control panel, I know it's hard. But you're a big boy . . I think ? :dntknw:

Checked PTV#13. Launched CFS3, flew the P-47D successfully. [OFF installed as of last post] Then installed the SuperPatch, then the Mimi...and I get the same error message.

Hi Hauksbee

Classic error like that is if you have Windows 7. from FAQ:

3) If you have problems running OFF, with errors such as: OFFMan: Fatal Error Loading Menu! OFF will now exit! - Try un-installing and re-installing OFF!"

Set the OFF Manager and cfs3.exe to "Run this program as an administrator". (see FAQ for how under "3) Known Vista and Windows 7 Specific Issues:"

If still issues reinstall and follow this

http://overflandersfields.com/FAQ#Installation_and_settings

Cheers