Sign in to follow this  
Atreides

SU-35S pdf document

Good!

Thank you :salute:

What is the big antenna under the cockpit, near the red light? Is it new?

Coupi.

Edited by Coupi

The facts are very interesting, the conclusions are not.

So, the Su-35S can defeat F-35s 10:1? Uh, ok, "independent analysis" my tailbone. Seeing as both planes are in the development stage, this boils down to a "who would win between the USS Enterprise and a Star Destroyer" argument. Sure on paper you can prove or disprove a dozen things, but it's not until you know how things work operationally, like whether or not that conformal AESA on the wings ever works right let alone is funded for production, before you can start saying "this thing will kick everyone out of the air!"

There's no way a 4.5 gen fighter can beat a 5th gen fighter with those kind of ratios. Tell me the F-35 would knock Flankers down at 10:1, ok, I can buy that. Tell me the PAK-FA will knock F-16s and F-15s out of the sky at 10:1, ok, I can see that POV. Tell me an F-15 is going to knock PAK-FAs out of the sky left and right because it's got bigger engines and an AESA (which some F-15s do)? Really?

The part left out is that it's carrying the same missiles as the older models, so even if it can get closer and track, if the target spoofs the missile what good is it?

Is this guy a paid marketing director for Sukhoi?

Karlo Kopp puts the same total **** on every bit of paper he writes - he seems to base this on an understanding of Air combat in about 1973.

From reading other forums it was thought he always wrote such speculative pants because he didnt want the Aussies to get it and he may have been part of a group that may have made money from upgrading the F-111s instead - yes you can check it out the "super pig" :lol: at his site. Papers with no backup and hilarious comparisons to justify his claims (compares the F-35 with the F-105 in one!)

As far as platforms go you could deduce from whats out there that the Su-35 has a kinematic advantage and is probably more agile at most speeds (especially low speed).

In regards to Stealth, Avionics, Support, Situation Awareness and weapons the Su-35 wont be in the same league.

Yep, I've read this guy before...he's got a hard on for the F-111, and all his papers are based on that one fact. He tends to discount a lot of the issues the F-111 has, and so tries to kill everything that competes with it.

FC

Karlo Kopp puts the same total **** on every bit of paper he writes - he seems to base this on an understanding of Air combat in about 1973.

From reading other forums it was thought he always wrote such speculative pants because he didnt want the Aussies to get it and he may have been part of a group that may have made money from upgrading the F-111s instead - yes you can check it out the "super pig" :lol: at his site. Papers with no backup and hilarious comparisons to justify his claims (compares the F-35 with the F-105 in one!)

As far as platforms go you could deduce from whats out there that the Su-35 has a kinematic advantage and is probably more agile at most speeds (especially low speed).

In regards to Stealth, Avionics, Support, Situation Awareness and weapons the Su-35 wont be in the same league.

n1 migbuster ,u r right in fact i was one day reading a article in which he showed a super hornet can be easily beaten by a sukhoi (maybe,but not easily for sure),however in another article he says a F-111 is shown superior to sukhoi 30's???

Well gents, I apologise for not reading the other papers written by this "expert" prior to posting the article and since I'm an aviation enthusiast only and not involved in said industry I dont really know who is more credible than the other. On a side note this "expert" still has the "photograph" of the F-14 in Soviet markings and claims it to be genuine so.....

Well gents, I apologise for not reading the other papers written by this "expert" prior to posting the article and since I'm an aviation enthusiast only and not involved in said industry I dont really know who is more credible than the other. On a side note this "expert" still has the "photograph" of the F-14 in Soviet markings and claims it to be genuine so.....

no not all of his articles are bad,his SAM database is worlds best (i mean its free and accurate),but he aggravates things too much.