Sign in to follow this  
Olham

New Skin in Progress - "Barberpole Albatros"

If you want to check, wether you have good nerves, try to make a skin like this. It is a damn hell of a job. This is a work in progress; not yet ready.

The distortion of the back part of this bird makes it an in-and-out between Photoshop and OFF, to make pictures, and correct it after them.

See more pics here if you like it:

http://combatace.com...post__p__446797

Edited by Olham

Just Beautiful.

Oh momma, you gotta wear sunglasses to look at that a/c. Talk about Shave and Haircut six bits !

If you pull this off Olham, it will be your best skin yet!...fine work :drinks:

Thank you, Widomaker - I will do my best; some parts still need fitting. :drinks:

You have far more patience than I do for that. sort of work. I'm of the "let's get 1 area lined up between side and top, then put a solid band around the fuselage elsewhere" school ;). Salute!

That one is a lot different than the Barber Pole Spad XIII I did. That one has two continuous stripes that starts at the front and run to rear of the plane. That is where Corel Draw and grids come in handy.

This Alb is a pretty bird, that oval fuselage really lends itself to the Barber Pole motif.

Beard

Thank you, Bullethead, but don't hide your light under a bushel - your Fokker D.VII "Hell's Jester" is a masterpiece,

and it must have taken you quite some time - or genius - to get it so beautiful.

Same for your SPAD, Burning Beard - skinning can be a straining, but also rewarding job.

Today, my neighbours may have thought that I had run completely nuts - I was screaming at the wall, when Photoshop

didn't understand automatically, what was necessary next. Moments when you feel you need a break...

Edited by Olham

Yeah very nice job done there! Yeah the stripes and other hard tweaking take time and useally least many days or even week sometimes.