Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

Royal Navy accused as pirates in Falklands

Oh my we have irked the Argies again... I spent 4 months down there in 1997 and we had some interesting times. The last time I checked the Falklands where British and have been for around 150+ years... It always seems when Argentinian Politico's get in trouble they always drag up the Falklands... The crazy thing is that you ask any person in the Falklands who they want and they always say Britain, they want nothing to do with the Argentinian's...

The test which was run was advertised and advised as per usual. Next thing they will complain that we have jet fighters there... Oh and the RN warship's there.

Lucky the UK Government is canning the RN... one way or another along with the Army and RAF...

And I am with you Skippy... take it as a Compliment...

Edited by Slartibartfast

So, Argentina conduct their Foreign Policy via Twitter now eh?

No wonder the Falkland Islanders want to stay British! :grin:

The last time I checked the Falklands where British and have been for around 150+ years... The crazy thing is that you ask any person in the Falklands who they want and they always say Britain, they want nothing to do with the Argentinian's...

As were the USA before being the USA. As was Hong Kong Before becoming Chinese.

And I am with you Skippy... take it as a Compliment...

Well it looks like this topic is pretty much one sided anyways with all the comments coming from UK. Some more objectivity or counter arguments would have made it more interesting :good: .

The 'we were here first' argument is fundamentally useless...there has been competition since before man learned to walk upright.

This thread is being watched closely...if needed, it will be moved into The Arena.

FC

As were the USA before being the USA. As was Hong Kong Before becoming Chinese.

Well it looks like this topic is pretty much one sided anyways with all the comments coming from UK. Some more objectivity or counter arguments would have made it more interesting :good: .

Well, let's chat about France shall we?

The sixth largest Colonial power in History?....If France had a stake in the Falklands, she would be hanging on to it, thats for sure.

Let's not forget, the Falkland residents don't want to be governed by Argentina..to a man!...they should have the final say who has priority surely?

Well, let's chat about France shall we?

The sixth largest Colonial power in History?....If France had a stake in the Falklands, she would be hanging on to it, thats for sure.

Let's not forget, the Falkland residents don't want to be governed by Argentina..to a man!...they should have the final say who has priority surely?

What you say is true. And my aim wasn't to say wich is better and wich is worse.

However there are Argentinians on this forum, so a bit more of respect and Gentlemenship would be welcome i think.:drinks:

You also may notice that nowadays all French colonies are free and independant from France.

The 'we were here first' argument is fundamentally useless...

Fully agreed. However that argument was somehow used to justify creation of Israel in 1948, and all western world did agree on that. Go figure

Edited by Nix
  • Like 1

You also may notice that nowadays all French colonies are free and independant from France.

What that says to me is "look at us setting a moral example - why cant the rest of the world be as perfect as us"

Tell me - how many colonies did we let you have back after 1945 when we created your country again? - and how many of those were you kicked out of :lol:

That rather ignorant and misguided comment does not cause justification for abandoning overseas territories when the people want us there.

Edited by MigBuster

Israel exists because of Western guilt over the Holocaust, plain and simple. If that hadn't happened, the West wouldn't have been so sanguine about it. But it did happen and they did nothing to stop it until it was far too late, so it was felt, consciously or unconsciously, that they needed a place of their own, why not let them keep the place they already took themselves?

It's far easier for nations to FAIL to act than to act, so letting Israel form was far simpler than preventing it and engineering some other solution, which would have meant DOING something.

I live in Rio Gallegos : 650 kilometers from the Malvinas Islands. I think England is at 14500 km.

yeah I think this topic should be Close

I have nothing against the people of England. But the Malvinas Son Argentinas.

Saludos

Marcos