Sign in to follow this  
jsalbano

what do I need to get to run this on my PC

So, I have an HP Pavilion Dv5 laptop with the following specs:

Processor: 2 Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 8600 @ 2.40 GHz

RAM: 3GB

Operating system: windows vista 32bit

Video card: Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT

Memory space: 222 GB total on my C drive, 86GB free.

I have Rise of Flight and I have tried installing and running it before, it works, but it gives me the stop motion routine when I play it. I want to know what I would need to get/do for my PC to run rise of flight (preferebly on higher graphics settings) and what the cost (about) would be if it involved getting new hardware.

It's your video card, no doubt. The 9600 GT was never a powerful card, it was a "good enough for the masses" card.

Oh, whoops, I just noticed you have a laptop. Your laptop is remarkably similar to mine, except i have the 8600GT in my Dell XPS. That's good enough for older sims, but I'm afraid RoF is newer and needs more from the video card. I don't think you can upgrade it, unfortunately, few laptops allow it. You can always check with HP, though.

Edited by JediMaster