Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

New NVIDIA Beta Drivers 260.89 Windows 7 64 bit

So far I find them to be stable and of excellent quality. Possibly a performance increase too but hard to tell for me at this point. Maybe 3 - 5 fps increase but with so many variables it's difficult to say.

None the less, I would recommend them.

Hellshade

Doesn't bother me really about the missing reflections as I still use Win 32bit. It's one of the reasons I don't feel the need for a newer operating system. I just find it funny that Win 7 and Nvidia can't work together to give the reflections.

New BETA drivers are out for NVIDIA cards. 260.89 as of today. I'm downloading and trying the 64 bit Windows 7 version now. I'll let you know how they work.

Here's the link to Windows 7/Vista 64 bit

http://www.nvidia.co...eta-driver.html

Hellshade

I was running the 260.63 beta driver for almost two weeks but reverted to WHQL 258.96 because of some stutter problems with the FEAR series games I've been replaying. As for the newer beta 260.89 driver from what I read in the link all of the alleged improvements pertain to and are geared toward the 400 series cards which explains the existence of two beta's out at the same time. Point being, and as is stated in the 260.89 beta info, the posted alleged gains may not apply in whole or part with non-400 series GPU's.

Edited by Over50