Sign in to follow this  
Macklroy

Vasco's Volunteers

So I hear there are some crazy chaps flying biplanes over the fields of flanders again. I thought I would come check it out. :good:

Ya'll still fly on saturday's?

S!

Saturdays at 11:00 local Mac, and we are using Sopwith Triplanes this time.

Beard

Im in. Just call me "Black Mack"

See you there BB. :drinks:

Edited by Macklroy

Hi Mack,nice to see you back.

If you can PM Winston-Doright, then he will get you up to speed with what you need to join,we've added planes and things and he's got it all on a download site. Hope to see you soon Red-Dog

Here's what you need, in the order required.

1. You must start with a clean install of CFS3 patched to 3.1 (or have the Euro DVD) If you already have a clean install on your hard drive you will be OK using this if it is patched to ver 3.1

2. Install the OFF DVD

3. OFF MP in Windows 7 must be set to run as administrator, XP compatibility, and user account control off.

4. Fly once in quick combat and exit

5. Install Patch 12V1pt32SuperPatch.exe (Superpatch & minipatch are here: )

6. Install Patch V1pt32gMini.exe

7. Install Hat in the Ring

8. Install Hat in the Ring update v1.47 (HitR patch is here: )

9. Install OFF_Essential_MP_File_Installer.exe ( when prompted, DO NOT install the optional damage model)

10. Install the extra MP mod files.

11.Install the optional grid maps (helps us to reform if we get seperated)

12. Download and install Teamspeak 3

address: tx.teamspeak.cc

port: 9083

password: pfalz

All Mods are here: read the readme file before installing anything.

Now go into your workshop and in the lower right corner make sure it says Phase 3 V1.47

In the lower left corner of workshop tick the boxes as shown below. Then click the button "Backup as Offline" and continue with the backup.

Then click on "Backup as Online" and continue with the backup.

2l9tk43.jpg

Now set your configuration and other workshop settings and configure your controllers/keyboard. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER DAMAGE MODELS IF YOU PLAN ON FLYING MULTIPLAYER. That 3rd party program that swaps out the files for you has been known to occasionally cause problems. I hope I haven't left anything out.

You'll need a checkout before you can join on Saturdays. Just let me know when you're ready and we can meet on Teamspeak to try it.

Edited by Winston DoRight

Great to have you back Mac

Vasco :pilotfly:

Thanks gents.

I connected to MP sessions before without any problem. But that was prior to the HITR expansion. Is it recomended to do a complete reinstall vs. trying to update/patch what I currently have running? Currently I have steps 1-6 completed and also madmatts MP files installed.

Guess what I'm asking is if I DL the HITR expasion and then the extra MP mod files (step 10) will that bring me up to speed?

This saturday may be a trial run for me. With fingers and toes crossed. :grin:

No need to re-install if you have already followed the above steps in that order. Some have skipped the 1.32SuperPatch and mini patch and that's why they can't connect. If you have completed steps 1-6 already and have MadMatts already installed, just put the HitR expansion and the HitR patch on and follow the other steps and we'll test it. But if you have installed the optional damage model in MadMatts, you'll most likely have to start the install over.

We fly on Saturday, so if you want a checkout, lets do it before that or get on early Saturday. We want to start flying ontime and have little time to solve problems on flight day. Vasco has a few extra aircraft you'll need to install as well that aren't on my list. They are the final thing you'll do before testing your installation.

Excellent. Ill try to arrive a bit early on Saturday to get the last couple aircraft files I need. I know how important a timely start is to the saturday campaigns. Ill do my best to be ready by takeoff. :good:

Looking forward to it.

I'm online practically everyday on one Teamspeak server or another. If you'd like to get the final files and test before Saturday, just let me know and I'll check you out.

Ill be online (on TS) an extra hour early tomorrow before the missions start. At this point I think I have everything ready except maybe a few extra aircraft ya'll are using. :good:

Sorry for the noise on my mic this afternoon on teamspeak. For some reason I can't get push to talk to work and when my friend came over (to ask for a favor, lol) I unplugged the headset side before I remembered the mic side. This was made worse by my game jamming making me have to Ctrl, Alt, Del before I could get to teamspeak to disconnect.

Beard

Sorry for the noise on my mic this afternoon on teamspeak. For some reason I can't get push to talk to work and when my friend came over (to ask for a favor, lol) I unplugged the headset side before I remembered the mic side. This was made worse by my game jamming making me have to Ctrl, Alt, Del before I could get to teamspeak to disconnect.

Beard

No worries Beard,

We didn't notice anything after the dog barking.

Vasco :pilotfly: