Sign in to follow this  
Dave

10 Years Ago

17 sailors on the USS Cole were killed in Aden, Yemen on this day in 2000.

was in germany getting ready for the field when that happened. heard about it on AFN that evening. :salute:

I read an article today about how the failure to react from 2 different administrations emboldened Al Qaeda and started the path to 9/11. When you're attacked, you can't do NOTHING, you just invite more vicious attacks.

Salute.gif

This attack made the US and allied navies change their mind to "terror mode" even before the 9-11.I remember seeing ships such as the USS Brainbridge in the military port of my city, surrounded by anti diver nets, and Gunner Mates aremd to the teeth all along the deck. My father, who was stationed on an AEGIS frigate, said that the concept of "force protection" went far enough for his ship to sail off Lisbon (not exactly a terrorists nest) in Battle Stations. Also, remember the incident on Dansk past year.

Was it a torpedo?..or a suicide boat?..I cant remember the details I'm afraid

Bad guys sent a fishing boat, around 40 ft lenght, loaded with explosives and two kamikazes

Bad guys sent a fishing boat, around 40 ft lenght, loaded with explosives and two kamikazes

Thanks m8...I was 'reasonably' sure another vessel was involved.