Sign in to follow this  
navychief

Possible new home

I made an offer on this today. Sure hope I get it. 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths. Sits on 6 1/2 acres on a mountain ridge in Tennesee. Also has a barn, and another building that could be turned into a guest houe. Peaceful, plenty of land, and best of all....no rental cabins nearby, so NO tourists!

Wish me luck.

Navy Chief

Thats an awesome piece of property there, Chief. Lots of room for the animals to roam. Looks like you could even land a helicopter if you wanted.

Absolutely Beautiful.... reminds me af a Civil War Era home with plenty of background...especially in Tennessee. Everythings is probably solid OAK with a real back to earth feel... Not like these vinyl and OSB cookie cutter homes build today.

Would love to have the space...Good Luck....

<C>

Fates

Very nice Chief. Thats the kind of place I wanted to settle but the wife said that was alittle too quiet so we settled on the Bronx.

LMAO

Creepy847

Navychief,

:huh: Good luck with the house--looks great. If I ever visit you, I might spend some time under those trees painting watercolors of the scenery around.

Please email me once-- I am testing my new email after reformatting one drive and reinstalling Windows XP...

I am waiting to hear from my real estate agent about the counter-proposal that was sent to the seller.

The first reply we got from them said that our pirce offer was ok, but they didn't want me to have their house inspected!!!

Naturally, that causes all kinds of "red flags" to go up. They built that house in 95, and I have a feeling that perhaps some of it is not up to code, which would explain why they do not want a inspection.

The thing is, I would never buy a house without the reassurance of an inspection by a licensed professional.

The good news is my bank has given me the approval for the loan, if and when we can agree on a proposal.

Will keep y'all posted.

Thanks for your interest!

Now, if any of you are looking for some exercise in helping me move???

HA!!!!

Navy Chief

Finiteless,

I forgot to add that I plan on getting an old farm tractor with a bushhog. Yep, we're talkin' overalls, and a cd player, playing "Greeeen Acres is the place to be.....!" , of course. Heh, heh....

NC

The sellers agreed to our proposal! Closing will be by the 16th of September!

The only stipulation they made was that they need to be able to stay in the house two weeks after closing, because their new house may not be ready for them to move into by then. I said no problem.

And so, now I can only hope MY house sells quickly.

Anyone in the market for a very well cared for log home in the North GA mountains, with just under 4 acres???

Navy Chief

Well, the closing for the house is set for 15 September. The inspection of the house was done this morning, and the man was very thorough. I am hoping the sellers will agree to a lower price, and allow me to have necessary repairs done, instead of them doing the repairs themselves.

Anyway, things are moving quickly, and we are gathering boxes to pack. THAT, I am NOT looking forward to. Arrrrghhhhh!

Navy Chief

I had the house inspected yesterday. THe inspector found some problems concerning the construction of the trusses in the attic. The owner built the house himself in 95. Instead of using metal joist connectors to reinforce the truss intersections, he used scrap lumber. The heat in the attic has caused the scrap lumber connectors to curl, and in some cases, crack. They will all have to be replaced. Also, the entire outside of the house needs to be sealed. The wood is so dry that some of the planks are pulling away from the house; especially on the side that catches most of the sun. Lastly, the hot water heater has some exposed wiring, and is not on a pan, with plumbing to vent excessive pressure, etc....

When the seller receives his copy of this report on Monday, it will be interesting to see his reaction. I am hoping he will lower the price of the house so we can have the necessary repairs done. If not, I guess I will be looking for another house.

The story continues....

Navy Chief