Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Nikola Tesla

my god!..I had never heard of him!!!

"Tesla" is a unit (like meters, volts) in sciences talks, something in relation to electricity, can't remember exactly what though

he is the man that made the world as we know it possible, Edison basically had him beat down

The Tesla is a measurement of the strength of a magnetic field, a rather large one at that. A 1T field is very strong.

A little of this real-life battle with Edison is shown in the film The Prestige, where Tesla is played by none other than David Bowie, with Andy Serkis of LOTR fame as his assistant.

Tesla was also the first to discover that stars emitted radio signals.

And during an experiment he powered homes wirelessly up to twenty five miles away.

"Tesla Tesla Tesla a man who can never take a joke...."

Edison

I think what Edison was talking about here is when he lied to Tesla.

You see Nikola used to work under Edison. He even saw how he could improve Edison's DC system. So Edison told Nikola that if he could do it then he would get paid hundreds (or it may have been thousands of dollars I forgot the real amount ...but it was a lot for back then) if he improved the DC system....so Nikola did after spending hours upon hours working on the system he improved Edison DC network. When Tesla went to claim his reward Edison replied "Dear boy that's how we joke here in America" (or something along those lines) and I'm sure you can see how the two became enemies when Tesla left Edison and did his own thing.

Also the two were awarded a noble prize however Nikola refused to share it with Edison so neither of them got the medal...

Anway thanks for posting that vid. I could only imagine what life would be like today if the world wireless thing worked back then.

Oh and one more thing Tesla wrote a paper about hygenine...he mentioned that in future people would be considered crazy if they didn't drink their water out of a bottle....

Edited by Skyviper

:yikes:

UK::

my god!..I had never heard of him!!!

Seek out more. You will see new angles on J.P. Morgan and other giant bankers of that time.

Among the most visually captivating events to the curious eye is turn-of-the-century laboratory experiments dancing on the edge between classical and quantum physics. My fave physics labs were the ones reproducing these early tests of the atomic world. Never before nor since has physical science fascinated the general public so much -- witness the popular technology expo fairs, also in London, way back then.