I had to reinstall the P-47N (not the N-15) for my WOE installation. However the prop is not the same lod as it was before, it used to just be a translucent disk like on Wolf's P-47D-20/25 but now the blades show when the prop is spinning. I've tried editiing the Data.ini for the aircraft but to no avail, as well as copying the other lods from the P-47D-20 but again no result. Since it was so long ago that I first installed the P-47N to my game I have no memory of why it was different the first time, and after searching the website for an answer and not having any luck, I figured I'd just ask.

Thanks

post-28493-056072900 1287028368.jpg

lod issue, can only be fixed in MAX.

Isn't that really Russo's N-15?????

maybe try the later model......

wrench

kevin stein

This is the P-47N submitted by Guest, here's the link http://combatace.com...nderbolt-addon/

Last time I installed this airplane the prop was completely different as I mentioned. As far as MAX goes, how do you fix this? I'm not familiar with this process

Thanks

Edited by warthog64

I just installed the P-47N (Its Russo's 2004) out of the box into WOE patched 8/06 and WOE patched 10/08 and the prop is fine in both. What patch level are you running ? also your copy may be corrupted. Need more Info.

I used to do alot of prop swapping.

File corruption happened to me recently. One of...F4D it was...went invisible. Instead of reaching for my backup discs, I Re~Downloaded F4D, copied the lod to my game and it was fine again. I have rather old hard drive backups of my SF, and my usual method is to occasionally do new backups to these drives. But, I think I will leave some of them sit, as you never know when some file gets corrupted and if you back that corruption up to all your backups, you are screwed.

I'm also thinking of just going back to saving stuff, or even running the game and other stuff on 8 year old hard IDE drives. Scott Meuller has stated that the recent generations of high capacity hard drives about 6 years old and newer are more failure prone than older drives. By failure, I assume this includes bad data and that means file corruption.

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

I did 2 versions of the N...the 1st was early model in 3ds max (not been modelling in max long) and was basic...updated the model..(total rebuild)..and produced the P-47N-15..

the latter pic looks like the older version...

This is the bare metal skin of the newset P47 N..the one in D\L section isnt fully sp2 compatible afaik....yet.

Just tried "out of box"...and as you see prop is fine here..

img00006.JPG

Edited by russouk2004

BTW I got the Conopy's on both the N and the N-15 working (Arrester) was spelled incorrect,and I have the Cowlflaps on the N working . Great Aircraft (Please make more ,begging!!) Below is what I did to the N for the cowls. Next im going to see if they will work with Aerodynamic speed or something.

P-47N

[Nose]

SystemName[001]=Airbrakes

[Airbrakes]

SystemType=AIRBRAKE

DeployTime=1.5

RetractTime=1.0

//MaxDeflection=30.0

//Retractable=TRUE

ModelNodeName[001]=COWL01

//ModelNodeName[002]=COWL02

//ModelNodeName[003]=COWL03

//ModelNodeName[004]=COWL04

//ModelNodeName[005]=COWL05

//ModelNodeName[006]=COWL06

//ModelNodeName[007]=COWL07

//ModelNodeName[008]=COWL08

//ModelNodeName[009]=COWL09

//ModelNodeName[010]=COWL10

AnimationID=5

DragArea=0.40

Raven

why don't you try this for the canopy instead:

[Canopy]

SystemType=ANIMATION

InputName=ANIMATION_10

AnimationTime=3.0

AnimationID=1

that's what I use on mine.

--

the other is called Automatic_Aerodynamic_Load (like for slats) or Automacit_Speed. An example would be from Pasko's Panther, for the blow-in door on the top of the fuselage:

[LeftEngineVent]

SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE

DeploymentMethod=AUTOMATIC_SPEED

Setting[1].Angle=20.0

Setting[1].DeployValue=50.0

Setting[1].RetractValue=70.0

MaxDeflection=20.0

MinDeflection=0.0

ControlRate=2.0

AnimationID=4

ModelNodeName=LEngineVent

adjust node names, animation IDs and speeds accordingly

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

I'll try reinstalling it again, you're all probably right since it's been so long since I've installed this aircraft and probably have an old or corrupted file somewhere. I'll post again when I get a result. The P-47N-15 (pictured in Russo's post) works great, especially with the mods pack.

Thanks everybody

I agree with Raven, it's an outstanding model and I'd love to see more! An updated P-47D would be awesome

Edited by warthog64

....and Major Lee is offering a special prize for a NEW P-47D ... an autogrphed picture of Gabby Gabreski!

wrench

kevin stein

I did intend to convert to a D,started to redo wings and thats about as far as I got...doing one....lol

Had to try reinstalling it three times, But it's fixed!

Thanks for everyone's help, man I'll envy whoever wins that photo of Gabreski

Edited by warthog64