Sign in to follow this  
Dante-JT

Important news!

Great!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!! still waiting for more news

Pablo

Outstanding my Xmas present list has grown by one... This looks outstanding wished it was the A-4 to start but hey can't have everything.

Excellent news - was wondering if this would ever make it!

yikes.gifyikes.gifyikes.gifyikes.gif Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I just peed a little! I feel like I'm dreaming!!!! The RAF Harriers to start with is awesome for me, they and the Sea Harriers are exactly what I've been looking forward to fly in this sim! And the Vulcan if you guys decide to add it at some point.

I saw the price was only 20 Euros?? I would gladly pay twice that much, threee times that much for a detailed sim of some of the best Cold War jets ever! I hope one day there will be a Phantom in the Thunderworks pipeline, or an A-6, or even a mighty F-111 but that's firmly in cart before the horse land.. Whatever comes next, just keep them coming!

So I'll just say it again for this news.... Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Made my Christmas and it isn't even Christmas yet!!!! drinks.gif

• Like 1

I just had a look at the Spanish language thread on this news.... blink.gif

I hope the devs can just take all that hot air as more wind for their sails. I think some degree of anger, disappointment and frustration was inevitable seeing as the show kicks off with a British side plane as the focus (as was the original game ifirc) but still, I wasn't expecting quite so much pessimism from long standing members of the community. Anyway, the point to note is that it shows the passion that many people have for the topic of this sim and that's hopefully a good sign.

Personally I couldn't care less if the first release had been the A-4, I would still be absolutely delighted that what we waited for so long is finally so close, and I'm sure many Brits like me will be eagerly waiting to play the Argentinian campaign as well. Variety is the spice of life.

Passion for the topic is obviously very strong, but in the midst of all the frustration people are saying they will stick with Thirdwire to simulate the Falklands conflict, but isn't this missing the whole point? The choice of theatre is interesting, and if it's just passion for getting into the game as quickly as possible, completing the missions and winning a campaign, then Thirdwire, or any lite sime like Ace Combat could achieve that "better" if the goal is to experience "winning" or "loosing" the war. If the player's interest goes a little deeper into wanting to learn and operate the systems that were needed in real life way before any ideas of winning or loosing, if the players relish the thought of starting "cold and dark" and tasting a little of how challenging and complicated it was to fly and fight over the ice cold waters of the South Atlantic, then I'm sorry but Thirdwire or any other lite sim just isn't going to deliver that.

For those of us who are looking forward not only to the subject of this simulation, but also looking forward to its depth, it is worth reminding ourselves that we aren't likely to see a Falklands mod for DCS any time in the next 50 years, not the aircraft, not the theatre. We aren't going to see a Falklands mod for Thirdwire that could possibly hope to go anywhere near the level of fidelity being talked about by Jet Thunder in the foreseeable future.

I intend to stay out of the "my sim is better than yours" sideshow, and the "my country's campaign is better than yours".. that isn't what a PC sim is about surely? Or maybe most publishers insistence on having big yellow arrows on the HUD is an indication that the market for these sims really isn't that much more refined than a bunch of 10 year olds with a Playstation. I hope those publishers are mistaken, just like with comments on any youtube clip, just because the most visible comments are written in a certain way, it doesn't mean that this reflects the reality for most people. Hopefully most people are looking forward to this sim regardless of whose side they get to play first because they anticipate the overall experience to be a refreshing one in the current drought of in depth sims.

Edited by GwynO

My Amigo :

The South American and especially Argentina .

We have nothing against Iglaterra and his fantastic people.

The Malvinas War was almost 30 years ago.

Wath Do and say our governments do not reflect the thinking of their peoples.

This simulator, had and all the Latin American public, sale.

Were you all, expecting a baby.

It was dilating, but no matter. It was our baby.

But with this news, the only thing I've read everywhere in the forums

Spanish speaking. Is Deception.

It's not really what we waited, not as promised, and not the news that had been given.

If anything, we characterized the American South, is that very quickly we forget things.

we do not understand why we leave aside.

As always for this project were you all willing to pay.

As long as you could fly an A-4.

Harrier there are lots and thousands of games. And in many

simulators, is nothing new and nothing original.

But finding an A-4, or DAGGER, are the jewels.

Not because they were flown by the Argentines.

But because that is another thing. It's something inexplicable

But this was, continue to develop our MOD, for SF-1.

Marcos Canabal

But isn't it our baby, all of us together? The team making it are based in the UK and Argentina. Originally this game was only going to focus on one side, and I am glad that it has changed since then. Change is the only thing in the world that is constant. This game has changed since it was first imagined, and hopefully it will continue to change, we wait the first part now and then other parts will follow, and hopefully even more after.

I would have bought the game if it was only the A4, or any aircraft, because really none of the aircraft of that time have been made in significant detail. We have the Harrier and the A4 in Thirdwire games, but as much as we love those games, they are not detailed in the same way. We cannot compare Thirdwire games experience of the Harrier or the A4 with what Thunderworks have shown they are making, so whatever comes next from Thunderworks I wait for it patiently.

My friend, I don't know what has been said over all the different Spanish language forums about the game; what it will have, when it will have it. What has been clear from Thunderworks in the English forums is that they have many things they wanted to do but required the money to do it properly and so there have been delays, anyone who has followed Thirdwire games is familiar with this issue. Finally though, we have a sign of life, the baby is being born as you say. When it is born, like a child, it will grow with the support of the "family", in our case, an international family of simulation flying fans on both sides of the Atlantic ocean.

To go from "cold and dark" to flying and fighting will be unique for the Harrier, Sea Harrier, A-4, DAGGER and any other of the aircraft that fought in that war so many years ago, no matter which one we can fly first, second or third, I can't wait to fly them all good.gif

Edited by GwynO

Modern sims tend to be modular. DCS, SF2, RoF. Combat-Helo and Jet Thunder follow the lead. So first they sell the never before seen Harrier simulation (which was the only thing the project was aiming to be originally) to the fans of the British planes, get more money and finish their work on the following modules.

Then South America comes in and gets the new plane modules (I want that Pucara badly) and the sim with the worst bugs already ironed out by the Brits :grin: Remember, our time is the age of complex projects when first users can be eqally envied and pitied.

Modern sims tend to be modular. DCS, SF2, RoF. Combat-Helo and Jet Thunder follow the lead. So first they sell the never before seen Harrier simulation (which was the only thing the project was aiming to be originally) to the fans of the British planes, get more money and finish their work on the following modules.

Then South America comes in and gets the new plane modules (I want that Pucara badly) and the sim with the worst bugs already ironed out by the Brits :grin: Remember, our time is the age of complex projects when first users can be eqally envied and pitied.

What? Not fair! Now I want the Harrier in part three, and the rest can sort out the bugs so I can get a perfect product just for my favourite lol.gif Only joking! I am very glad just to be able to support the whole thing in a tiny way by just buying and playing the game! (No matter what comes first)

A very important thing for me, is the developers have said they are making the game to be kind to us in terms of system specifications. I don't mind if the graphics aren't like a vision on the road to Damascus, so long as I don't have to spend thousands of pounds upgrading my computer to play it!

20 Euros is cheap for a totally new, detailed flight simulator if we compare with DCS which for most people would mean they have to buy a whole new computer as well as the game.

Hey Dante and team

Mega news.. hope all goes well and we can find our way around the islands at 100 feet in thick fog soon... :ninja: