Sign in to follow this  
Atreides

War game to pit Eurofighter against Sukhoi

I wonder how much of an impact the outcome of this exercize will have on the potential Typhoon selection for the IAF's MMRCA contract.

UPI link

I doubt that the EF2000 is what you are looking for, but i´m following those exercises with interest. We have typhoons, the algerians have Su-30s, it could be quite interesting

Well the EF-2000 is in the MMRCA competition for the Indian Air Force. As for the Algerians I dont follow what you mean, the war game takes place in India and its going to be flying against the IAF Su's.

Well the EF-2000 is in the MMRCA competition for the Indian Air Force. As for the Algerians I dont follow what you mean, the war game takes place in India and its going to be flying against the IAF Su's.

I mean that the Typhoon is not exactly the aircraft wich, IMHO, is the Indian Air Force looking for, at least with the MMRCA program. About the Algerians, they are our close neighbours, with the wich we have a good relationship...wich could go trhu the window if extremist take over the place, i would basically like to see how would the best fighter of our Air Force (EF-2000), perform against the best of the Algerian one (Su-30) even when the types are being flown by British and Indians

Thanks for explaining the Algerian angle.

Didn't the Indian Air Force's Su-30MKIs engage RAF Typhoons in exercises in 2008 or 2009? Or, was it just 25 Squadron Tornado F3s?

Didn't the Indian Air Force's Su-30MKIs engage RAF Typhoons in exercises in 2008 or 2009? Or, was it just 25 Squadron Tornado F3s?

No its was the Tornado's and they got there proverbials handed to them on a plate deep fryed and roasted... I think this time they will be going serious fangs out...