Sign in to follow this  
zoltann

Nieuport 17bis for Frogs

Servus all!

Just tried to start a career in my fav Nieuport 17bis (vickers plus lewis) for the french in beginning 1917,Escadrille 68 offering it.

I have both patches and HitR flawlessly working, yet i get the red message (only with french, not RNAS) stating that aircraft is not available for career yet...

Any way of freeing the plane with a default skin for the french too? I need the firepower to offset bad aiming...

Cheers, Zol.

I would make a French skin for you, if it would help you.

But they are different models - you need the 3D model of the N17-Lewis. So, only the devs could help you - in P4.

Until then, I'm afraid you may have to learn better shooting skills. You can do it! Go close! Very close!

OK guys,

Once again, thanks for swift response!

I wil sweat it out np.

I manage to get close, but they refuse to stay in my sights....:blink:

Cheers, Zol.

Thanks uncleal,

For the inspiring thoughts...:salute:

Guess thing is to keep it as close as possible to KISS (keep it simple stupid) reaps best results.

In the end, the real life "get closer and then a bit more" works probably best ingame too.

Have a good day guys, Zol.

I've noticed you can't select the N17bis to fly in any squadron, British or French. However, you can fly the N17B if it is listed in the squadron roster. I believe they are the same plane but with a slightly different name.

I've noticed you can't select the N17bis to fly in any squadron, British or French. However, you can fly the N17B if it is listed in the squadron roster. I believe they are the same plane but with a slightly different name.

No, we can. Take no.6 sqd RNAS in second half 1917. You will fly the n17bis then.

N17B gives you the standart N17 in game.

Took firing technique serious. First DF 3 kills. Second DF 5 kills (DH/5 vs. ALB D3).

Getting bloodthirsty....:grin:

Yesss!!

Edited by zoltann

BTW,

There is at least 1 french ESC (forgot number for now) who flew the N11 but does not have it available (red text in campaign ESC selection) eventough the plane is flyable.

Most ESC have normally N11 available, minor glitch.

Maybe I may be so bold to make a little wish here.

I am not sure if this post will reach the right people (Devs), but I would really like (in the next phase?) to have more planes available in the squadrons.

Example: N17Bis also for frenchies and more RFC squadrons too.( apart from RNAS 6)

Same for N24/N24Bis...

Historically most types were used at some time by both sides, so I guess thats acceptable.

Ok, off playing, CU laters:good:

Zoltann.

BTW,

There is at least 1 french ESC (forgot number for now) who flew the N11 but does not have it available (red text in campaign ESC selection) eventough the plane is flyable.

Most ESC have normally N11 available, minor glitch.

Maybe I may be so bold to make a little wish here.

I am not sure if this post will reach the right people (Devs), but I would really like (in the next phase?) to have more planes available in the squadrons.

Example: N17Bis also for frenchies and more RFC squadrons too.( apart from RNAS 6)

Same for N24/N24Bis...

Historically most types were used at some time by both sides, so I guess thats acceptable.

Ok, off playing, CU laters:good:

Zoltann.

All I can say is this has been adressed for future release.

There are several German Jasta, which also can't fly certain periods, although the aircraft is in OFF as a flyable one.

If anyone wants, I could check, which Staffeln, and which aircraft and dates.