Sign in to follow this  
scary_pigeon

what am I doing now?

Which could be a cool effect in combination with natural eye movement. One spot, where one is looking at and focusing on is sharp and the rest has a slight blur effect...

oops forgot to put on my glasses :tomato:

Edited by Aerny

I like that distance blur... you guys did a good job with that! Does the effect change as visiblity/air quality changes (if you have/will have that stuff implemented)?

Wooow!!! Nice, nice screenshots! :blink:

But... I have two commentaries about those A-4C and A-4B, the A-4C "Charlie" it has a more long nose and five under-fuselage hard point, however the A-4B "Bravo" have "normal" nose and three hard point only.

I hope to have helped and excuse my poor english.

Skyhawk A-4B

a-4b_2.jpg

Skyhawk A-4C

A-4C_0.jpg

http://modelersite.com/Dic2000/Espanol/Skyhawks_Arg_Esp.htm

Saludos!

Edited by SkorpioN

But... I have two commentaries about those A-4C and A-4B, the A-4C "Charlie" it has a more long nose and five under-fuselage hard point, however the A-4B "Bravo" have "normal" nose and three hard point only.

Yes, that A-4 is just an A-4B wearing a A-4C skin for test purposes. I will post some pics of our proper A-4C model - should look exactly like that second photo you posted, same colors ;)

Great! :biggrin:

Please show us more, more pics!

Saludos!

Here is the A-4C 'Charlie' with nose correction, refuel probe correction and the extra wing store. It looks quite close to the one in the photo you posted above. :)

halcones-charlie_1.jpg

One huge milestone to be completed next months is to include the continental airbases (starting with Rio Gallegos) so I don't need to 'spawn' these birds in mid air over ocean to get screenshots - also air-to-air refuel with FAA KC-130 must be focus in next months (it's just a 'draft' now).

Here is the A-4C 'Charlie' with nose correction, refuel probe correction and the extra wing store. It looks quite close to the one in the photo you posted above. :)

One huge milestone to be completed next months is to include the continental airbases (starting with Rio Gallegos) so I don't need to 'spawn' these birds in mid air over ocean to get screenshots - also air-to-air refuel with FAA KC-130 must be focus in next months (it's just a 'draft' now).

OMG :blink: :blink: that A-4C looks splendid!!! thx! :biggrin:

Can't Wait to see the argentinian continental Air Base's with lots of warbirds and extremely busy ground crew around them.

Saludos!

i feel as though i must appologise for slow progress. i've done scarse amouts of work on the project in the last month and a bit. this is for two reasons. I recently got a new full time job and there is a sort of shock to the system of trying to find time for jet thunder and beer. and when i got over the shock, well we're gamers as well as developers - and i've been addicted to dawn of war: winter assault.

did some JT coding today though. some server code.

find time for jet thunder and beer.........................and i've been addicted to dawn of war: winter assault.

Two very valid reasons :) Thanks for keeping us updated

Thanks for keeping us updated

Don't worry with current apparent slow progress, there's very very good news ahead and maybe an announcement in the upcoming weeks. :) Stay tuned!

In the meantime, people who waits for JT could try the Falklands Mod for SFP1, good effort there.

Edited by Dante-JT

Don't worry with current apparent slow progress, there's very very good news ahead and maybe an announcement in the upcoming weeks. :) Stay tuned!

Ah... you tease! Thanks for the update, can't wait for more news (in the meantime, I'll get back to playing with the Mosquito in Pacific Fighters 4.04).

Cheers, Spinner

mystary7ko.gif

God weeks! Go faster damnit!

mystary7ko.gif

:)

End of the mystery: we're currently testing a new 3rd party rendering output capable of latest shaders technology, so far we're impressed by the results and how easy it's been to transfer current JT content (models, textures, cockpits) to these new more advanced graphic specs:

screenshot_006-00009.jpg

screenshot_006-00002.jpg

It's already flying very smoothly here, excellent performance, and it's very cool, I'll bring a video soon with these shader effects. But this new 3rd party rendering system is still in beta, but this also means we can watch closely how it develops and request flightsim-specific features when and where its needed.

In the other news, the already huge library of models for JT is still growing up with the Roland II air defense system:

Roland-II.jpg

And currently in production, the ARA Bahia Buen Suceso, one of the merchant ships used to ferry supplies from Argentina to Port Stanley:

render3.jpg

Edited by Dante-JT

Looks great! Are we going to see different types of seas? Those screenshots are very calm, something that isn't seen on the ocean very often (well, that I know of, I havn't lived near an ocean since I was 6 :D) Getting some large swells and some white caps would be awesome!

Incredible pics dudes!!!

Are you using another graphic engine?

Wich one?

Looks great! Are we going to see different types of seas? Those screenshots are very calm, something that isn't seen on the ocean very often (well, that I know of, I havn't lived near an ocean since I was 6 :D) Getting some large swells and some white caps would be awesome!

Sure, that pic is the more calm sea level, there's a few parameters and it can be altered giving rough dark seas or calm lake waters. I will try later to enhance the roughness of the water, it's all shader parameters.

Incredible pics dudes!!!

Are you using another graphic engine?

Wich one?

Yes, for shaders output/render display, we're testing a beta version of the TSE Atlas Terrain Engine, it'll probably be complete after next GDC so I can confirm its use in JT (if some shortcomings are addressed, which I'm sure they will and so I'll be paying their full commercial license, enabling us to use in a commercial product like JT and it also has cross-platform capabilities).

Edited by Dante-JT

Ah, The Torque Engine.

Cewl :cool: . I write music for an other game based on that engine. The game is called Air Ace and it is initiated by Phil Carlisle.

A pro is that there is a huge community for feedback if you are a engine owner. I bought a suit once but I didn't catch up coding in a way. But it is a very impressive engine for that small amount of money!

A con is that there are many bugs in my opinion. It is not a cristal clear engine for I find too many times that the engine crashed for unclear reasons.

But I am just a curious composer with lots of dreams...I guess. I must leave the coding to the coders.

Cheers,

Aerny

Cewl :cool: . I write music for an other game based on that engine. The game is called Air Ace and it is initiated by Phil Carlisle.

Yes, very cool the AA flight game, I'm not sure exactly what is the market because it is halfway between flightsim and BF-like fun but so far what I've saw is technically way ahead of similar games (Aces High, Warbirds 2004, the like). I did a Ju-87B Stuka for Air Ace (model and textures) to give a hand to Phil and it's a lot of fun to do WWII planes. :)

Great musics you did for it, btw!

A pro is that there is a huge community for feedback if you are a engine owner. I bought a suit once but I didn't catch up coding in a way. But it is a very impressive engine for that small amount of money!

Yep, for indie like us probably is the best cost/quality ratio in the market. But as all softwares in Beta (Wikipedia says its Alpha!?) it for sure has its little bugs, for example, I see odd effects in the muzzle flash textures... but lets give some time for the guys, I'm sure in 2-3 months it'll be very solid (ah, don't confuse TSE with TGE, the newer seems to be a fresh start).

TSE will do graphics output in Jet Thunder. More or less what we do with FMOD Sound System, which does sound output for Jet Thunder. So, no big deal.

For old school users with pre-shader gfx cards, our good old shaderless engine will be used, if such a thing as a flightsimmer with a gfx card that old will still exist in 2007. :)

Steve now has the task of linking the current scripting (LUA) in JT with TSE, which Steve already did (something similar) at his daily job which is also games. And other more serious tasks, like porting the nice JT cloud engine to TSE (which so far has no proper clouds, the only big shortcoming I see now in this rendering system, but it has good particles, and a cloud engine starts with particles, that's where Steve will start the port).

Edited by Dante-JT

I yesterday begin to skinning the ARA Bahia Buen Suceso, some images of the work in progress

25935947586dbc3860c8e22258d69333.jpg

29e82fa86f5a748eaa772deb0c67ed8d.jpg

I yesterday begin to skinning the ARA Bahia Buen Suceso

Nice model!

HERE and HERE more photos and data from some argentine merchant ship used during the the conflict.

Saludos!

I yesterday begin to skinning the ARA Bahia Buen Suceso, some images of the work in progress

Keel, how many time you expend skinning a ship like this one?

No very much, perhaps two days, in reality the UV mapping is not an alone delay consumes me some hours this type of 3Dobject relatively is amused since uses especially planar mapping helped by uvwrap for more precision in the coordinates , the texture is another way more difficult for my :blink:

saludos!

Edited by FIREFLY