Sign in to follow this  
scary_pigeon

what am I doing now?

Nice video. I've been tracking this project for a few months and I must say I like it very much. The idea of Falkland/Malvinas sim is great! :) I have few questions about JT

1. Do you need beta testers? I know that this question was asked before but it was never answered.

2. Is the Harrier HUD final? If yes I noticed that VVI is not modelled.

BTW: I think that Attitude indicator is modeled incorrectly. The gyroscope is the main part of it so the indicator shouldn't float/wave because gyroscope don't have inertia (strange but true).

Thats basically all. Keep up good work guys!!

Edited by spyro23

Nice video. I've been tracking this project for a few months and I must say I like it very much. The idea of Falkland/Malvinas sim is great! :) I have few questions about JT

1. Do you need beta testers? I know that this question was asked before but it was never answered.

Yup. But we are not in beta yet, unfortunately. But, I liked your questions, so you may be in the Beta-test when we actually reach Beta. :)

2. Is the Harrier HUD final? If yes I noticed that VVI is not modelled.

Not even half of what a Sea Harrier's FRS.1 displays in its HUD is being modelled yet. Lacks the VVI indeed, you're correct, but also lacks flight path marker, AOA, slip ball (very big and obvious in Sea Harrier's HUD just below heading scale). We did these symbols, they're not working yet for reasons beyond my comprehension. :blink: But rest assured we will not be entering Beta without these things working properly.

BTW: I think that Attitude indicator is modeled incorrectly. The gyroscope is the main part of it so the indicator shouldn't float/wave because gyroscope don't have inertia (strange but true).

hmmm...seems easy to fix since as you describe it's mainly an animation/graphics fix.

Edited by Dante-JT

Shipwrecks:

I've been working in making the textures of the clipper Lady Elizabeth 2 shipwreck model that Ariel Cancio modeled. The Falkland/Malvinas Islands are the biggest cemitery of visible 19th century shipwrecks, and we'll have at least 3 of these in the sim for sightseeing purposes, in their correct locations. Good for buzzing and screaming past their masts at low altitude.

This one in the pic below is the Lady Elizabeth 2, I've just dropped it in the game world at a few hundred meters from shoreline without caring about her exact location (which I know is Northeast of Stanley harbor, close enough so it can be seem in some war photos):

shipwreck_jt.jpg

Cewl! I must say that the I like the graphics of htis engine more than TSE... :yes:

Cheers,

Arnold

Carrier VTOL landing:

I've did a short video showing a typical vertical landing in the carrier with a clean and light Sea Harrier FRS.1. The carrier is anchored 2 miles off the south of Stanley for landing trials. The deck's elevator was 'accidentally' left opened so I had to avoid landing exactly in that hole - done, but I ended sinking left wingtip gear leg 1 meter into the carrier's port lower platform deck - ouch, almost slipped of the deck into the sea.

http://rapidshare.de/files/22747671/carrier_landing.rar.html

To download the file follow these 5 easy steps:

1. Left click on the link above

2. Click "free" which is located in the bottom right hand corner of the page

3. Scroll down to the bottom of the short page, and wait at least 22 seconds

4. Enter the 3 digit prompted password

5. Download

--------------------

-----

Jet Thunder Project

http://www.thunder-works.com

Great Video!

You don't make easy to me to wait for JT :no: .

Hell with me :spiteful:

Keep doing good work guys!!

How's the progress coming?

CHeers~

Fates

Carrier VTOL landing:

I've did a short video showing a typical vertical landing in the carrier with a clean and light Sea Harrier FRS.1. The carrier is anchored 2 miles off the south of Stanley for landing trials. The deck's elevator was 'accidentally' left opened so I had to avoid landing exactly in that hole - done, but I ended sinking left wingtip gear leg 1 meter into the carrier's port lower platform deck - ouch, almost slipped of the deck into the sea.

http://rapidshare.de/files/22747671/carrier_landing.rar.html

To download the file follow these 5 easy steps:

1. Left click on the link above

2. Click "free" which is located in the bottom right hand corner of the page

3. Scroll down to the bottom of the short page, and wait at least 22 seconds

4. Enter the 3 digit prompted password

5. Download

--------------------

-----

Jet Thunder Project

http://www.thunder-works.com

File not found

:-(

Any news?

Any news?

Yup :) We're working hard in the important combat parts such as shipborne AAA systems (Oerlikons) and the Sea Dart SAM - they're working! Next step is to have radar covering and sweept cycles for the warships - Type 959 radars and its constraints. And radar masking and such important stuff we still don't have.

When, do you believe, can we take the harrier for a free demo flight over Port Stanley?

When, do you believe, can we take the harrier for a free demo flight over Port Stanley?

Not sure. As we're an independent team without funding, I can't force team members into precise schedules right now. But we have many things to do until we're OK for public demo. Specially LODs (level of detail) and other very important features that all games have.

Ojalá podamos probar en poco tiempo el juego aunque sea sin poder disparar, sólo volar por las islas para ver como se siente.

muy buen laburo gente!!!

Game looks awesome, Great Work on it. Can't wait for it to be released

Hi JT. Spoke to you fellas a LOOOONG time ago in the "What do you want more?" thread. It's looking great so far! Nice clear, crisp graphics that will run on a computer you don't have to live in a basement to buy. Very good stuff your team has put together. I've also noticed you've been keeping the expectations of the release date realistic.

Excellent work, sirs. I really have my hopes pinned on this baby. Keep your heads down, take all the time you need, and nail this sucker down right.

Chimpy

Guest isamu

Hi.

I know this maybe its a dumb question, but did this simm suport resolutions from wide lcd's, example 1920x1200 and so on?

Keep the good work!

Hi.

I know this maybe its a dumb question, but did this simm suport resolutions from wide lcd's, example 1920x1200 and so on?

Keep the good work!

Thanks! It is not a dumb question, you'll be also 2048x768 kind of resolutions for projection screens too!

Hi guys! what's news over here..? is so quiet ...

When the spanish forum became up?

Saludos! :good:

yeah Dante.... whats cooking in the South Atlantic..... tell us... LOL

yeah Dante.... whats cooking in the South Atlantic..... tell us... LOL

Our internal colision physics system isn't reliable enough to provide a solid gameplay, so, now we're in the proccess of integrating a third party SDK system to handle it, so far the results are encouraging. More news to come soon. :)

Hey guys, I haven't seen scary_pigeon post in like over a year. Is he still on the team? And how is everything coming along? :)