Sign in to follow this  
Slartibartfast

Back flying again...

Well I am back flying again... and I have forgotten how much fun and pain there is involved. Also breaking in a new Joystick as my old one died. As I am now based in Austria... I have decided to move from my trusty Sopwith Strutter and I am trying out Jasta 16 and I am playing it full DiD. Lost one pilot just getting my controls setup stupid I know... Whats really amazing is that my trusty battered laptop is playing it on sliders set on 4.

New Joystick is a Thrustmaster Hotas X split the joystick and rudder either side of the laptop and its great apart from oversensitive rudder. Due to this I have set one of the buttons on the rudder as my firing button makes it fun...

It's nice to be back in the air...

And Herr Olham that Einnie is a nightmare... :flyer:

Congratulation, Slartibartfast!

If you want some fun with the DiD flying, do yourslef the favour and create 3 (or even more) pilots, flying in different times and aircraft.

I mean like this: you feel like flying in sunny weather, in an Albatros D.V? Okay, search through the Jastas,

when they had the desired plane, and where they were flying. Now pick the nicest area and Jasta, and OFF you go!

I too have an Eindecker pilot. But I only fly him, when I'm fully concentrated and want to have it difficult.

Have fun, old chap!

Well after setting up OFF I am happy again and the issue with my laptop running hot is not an issue thankfully... And oh how I have missed it tis wonderful to fly even the dreaded Ennie...

Thanks for your comments Herr Olham I have created around 5 pilots but I am concentrating on one for the moment to get back into the state where I can actually hit something and I am aiming for Geschwaders nearer to the Austrian end of the line as I want to see mountains and for my pilot to be near home... but I think I might try a bomber campaign to get me into the flying again as it allows me to concentrate on the flying side of things...

And thanks RAF I will take a schnapps...

Two-seat is good for learning; but you can always start a little later than the Einies, with an Albatros D.II.

Lou is flying one in Alsace with Jasta 28w, and I am operating with Jasta 35 from Colmar (April 1917).

An early Albatros D.II in Alsace: Jasta 15, Habsheim, 11. December 1916.

Edited by Olham