Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

Kiev final weapons test, Yak-38 in holding pattern.

I've sent the final data.ini and .DDS-format skins (thank you, Brain32 Lindr, and Krizis) to Marcelo, so it may be out soon. The Yak-38's FM still needs to be tweaked to SF2-standards, and of course, it must be sent back to Krizis for final consideration and release.

img00049.JPG

img00047.JPG

A short video of the Kiev's layered air defenses in action...gunfire and flak effects by Stary:

KievFinal.wmv

Edited by Fubar512

ONLY FOR SF2, WHY ?!? :fool::sorry:

Marcelo & Krizis could well decide to release their works for SF1, though SF2 is currently multi-threaded, and the next expansion pack and subsequent patches will expand on this (it will, according to TK, finally utilize all cores of a quad or hexa-core CPU). The Kiev itself weighs in at over 119,000 ploys, and sports 4096x4096 textures (as does the Yak38). So, they're both best run on a 64-bit operating system (better RAM utilization), and a quad-core processor. Even after reducing the textures to .DDS format, they both still place a significant load on the CPU and graphics system.

Edited by Fubar512

Holy Moly thats going to be interesting to Kill with unguided Bombs!!! But boy will it be fun... and the bragging rights will be crazy...

To be honest it looks fantastic the fact you get everything shooting at you including the kitchen sink and then some... either way great work guys as always :drinks::clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Marcelo & Krizis could well decide to release their works for SF1, though SF2 is currently multi-threaded, and the next expansion pack and subsequent patches will espand on this (it will, according to TK, finally utilize all cores of a quad or hexa-core CPU). The Kiev itself weighs in at over 119,000 ploys, and sports 4096x4096 textures (as does the Yak38). So, they're both best run on a 64-bit operating system (better RAM utilization), and a quad-core processor. Even after reducing the textures to .DDS format, they both still place a significant load on the CPU and graphics system.

Wow, a Red-side carrier and Yak-38, should be fun!

Any SF2 object can run in SF1 2010 (WOI addon), Textures can always be shrunk by the user to lighter weight.

Hi poly models cannot be adjusted by anyone but the author, but usually marcelo Supplies a good set of distance lod's.

One simple awnser:

Gen1 dies out...

No more support (patches, new work on Gen1 Sims) from Thirdwire.

Expansion for Wings over Israel was the last thing for Gen 1 sims... :-(

What sound mod is used in the video for the A-7?? Sounds amazing.

Edited by xclusiv8

Holy Moly thats going to be interesting to Kill with unguided Bombs!!! But boy will it be fun... and the bragging rights will be crazy...

Unguided? Haha, so far the only valid tactics I found was - Dave tacticsTM aka BrightFlashes :lol:

because that is PROGRESS. you want SF1 write to CONGRESS!

(thank you once again for the english lesson gallahger!)

• Like 1

Yak-38 "Forger" model undergoing carrier qualification tests:

Yak_Carqual.wmv

Short video on the Forger and the Kiev:

Great images!! Kiev carrier and Yak-38 is an interesting combination. :drinks:

About SF1 and SF2... I remember that there was a patch released for use the Su-25 Frogfoot from NF4+ in SF1, and it works good! Maybe they make another patch for use these Yak-38/Kiev combination also in SF1.

Edited by mono27

What loadouts can carry the Yak-38? Only 4 stations? as this sounds pretty poor.

What loadouts can carry the Yak-38? Only 4 stations? as this sounds pretty poor.

From Wikipedia:

Armament

Guns: GSh-23L 23mm gun pod (GP-9). This gun could be carried in one or two PUK-23-250 pods fixed under the external pylons of wings.

Bombs: two FAB-500 or four FAB-250 under pylons, two incendiary ZB-500, or two nuclear tactical RN-28.

Rockets: various types of rockets (up to 240 mm).

Missiles: two anti-ship or air-to-surface Kh-23. Each missile weighed 285 kg, was radiocontrolled and had 10 kilometres of range. The Kh-23 requires a guidance pod on one of the pylons. R-60 or R-60M air-to-air missiles could be carried under the external pylons.

Other: external tanks.

The Kh-23 (Cha-23) was rubbish. Only one of 1000 launched missiles hit. Later the Yak-38 got the Cha-25 missile family. This were high accurate and deadly weapons. Used in Afghanistan very successfully (the missiles, not the Forger :grin: )

Krizis really endowed this model with great damage-modeling....this is but a mere hint of it....

BattleDamage.jpg

Time ago I read that only a few Forgers were tested in Afghanistan in the 80's. I found this camo skin, but I didn´t see a picture of the real plane with these colours. (I only saw real plane's pictures in Dark Blue paint scheme).

1_12.jpg

"The initial colour scheme worn by the AV-MF Yak-38 consisted of dark green anti-corrosion paint on the undersides of the aircraft, with dark blue upper surfaces. This was later replaced by a light grey over dark grey scheme, frequently associated with the Yak-38M. An unusual green-over-silver "tiger" camouflage scheme, reportedly seen on an aircraft onboard Leningrad in 1986, was probably applied for one cruise only. Special camouflage schemes may also have been applied to aircraft involved in the Romb-1 trials in Afghanistan in 1980."

Souce: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-38

e3a3785b.jpg?1200740

Only foud pic of the grey one not from a camoflaged one...

Unguided? Haha, so far the only valid tactics I found was - Dave tacticsTM aka BrightFlashes :lol:

Aaaaahhhh the old Multi Kill with one bomb Tactic... Are we sure Dave's not Scottish well part anyway being rather thrifty with the weapons... :rofl:

And the Yak-38 I perfered it in the Blue...

Edited by Slartibartfast

The Kh-23 (Cha-23) was rubbish. Only one of 1000 launched missiles hit. Later the Yak-38 got the Cha-25 missile family. This were high accurate and deadly weapons. Used in Afghanistan very successfully (the missiles, not the Forger :grin: )

:lol: Oh so true. There are books that say it had a 50 mile endurance at the high altitudes of Afghanistan. Yes kiddos, 50 miles..... :yikes:

I like pretty lights........

Maybe this guy can help us with the Yak-38, hahaha.

Forger-guide.cc.jpg

Should we call him?? :lol: