Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Refining a different flying style

Today, I took up my "flying more Creaghorn style" again. Our Albatros D.II from Jasta 10 got "smoked" by the Nieuports

every time. So I started the campaign again, and this time, I wiped out my "kill collecting virus".

I concentrated fully on my one and only task in the next fights: damage all Nupes so much, that the not so agile Albs

can turn with them and give them the rest.

(it's a pity the Albatros AI can't fight in the style of energy fighters. And that a Nieuport, diving after an Albatros, can catch up

with him, is simply wrong).

It worked fine, and in the first two fights, I didn't get a claim form - I had never been the one, who downed a plane.

In the third fight, one Nupe was left over for me; so I killed that one. Three sorties - 1 claim.

And my reward (and it really feels great): ALL wingmen returned with me in all three sorties.

If you are so routined already, that you can easily make 2 - 3 kills per sortie: try it this way. It is so rewarding!

And I'm certain - the kills will still come enough.

Edited by Olham

Me I am just learning to fly all over again... my wingman are on their own!!!

Okay - in this case, use the "H" (Help) key, when in trouble. Your direct wingman will do his best then.

I always try to keep my wingmates alive. Usually I will send them into the fray and circle above. If it looks as if the enemy might get into position to attack my friends THEN I will come down to help!

This helps keep my scores realistic and helps me stay alive much longer. Sometimes I dont even need to help out if the numbers are in our favor. First 7 sorties flown I didnt even have a claim form to fill out. But still plenty of action.

I highly recommend the cautious approach in the OFF campaigns. Not only is it more realistic in terms of the numbers of kills you will accrue, it also exponentially increases your odds of survival, virtually speaking.

When I'm feeling like having a "shoot 'em up", I jump into QC with a pilot specifically created for the job.