Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

Phase 4 Screenshot comments

Wow! Everything looks just amazing, but most especially is the scenery which just jumps out at you with how organic and lush it is. And the Gotha bombers look incredible!

:worship:

What else can I say but keep up the great work. Those cockpits looked so detailed it was mind blowing.

Hellshade

Terrific glimpse of things to come..scenery seems softer and more realistic. Exciting news!

Royce

Love what I see so far. Sceenery looks great. The OFF team really does great work. Too bad they are restricted by CFS3. Some issues can never be completely squashed. But the evolution of this project is amazing and seems to always get better. Cheers :drinks:

Heeeeyyyy!!!! A lot of detail added to my favourite bird! There's the radiator handle!

I notice detail on the wiring, and look at that fine engine! The leather pad ring around the cockpit is new, too.

That Morane Saulnier is a very good choice to build, guys! Air battles against it will be real thrillers, facing that rear gunner!

The landscape seems to have all roads connected to each other now. It looks a good touch more realistic?

The cockpits of the Sopwith Triplane (?) and the S.E.5a are pieces of art, to feel great in.

I see new ambulance trucks, and the church in the distance is new.

The field artillery gun looks like a target, that can be destroyed in ground attacks.

And now we come to - aaahhhh! - the big ones!

That picture of the S.E.5a attacking the large bombers, is like an artistic air combat painting - great, boys!!! ...

(Report abruptly ends, as the reviewer crashes into one of the new church towers)

My Christmas list has grown again...!!! Those are some wonderful shots and I am sold... Me wants must stop drooling on the keyboard. I am love the scenery and the airplanes look marvellous. So where do I send the Whiskey ???

Awesome. If that's the improvement is in what they can show us, I'm salivating over what may be in that they can't, e.g. improved mission types, deployments, AI performance, etc. They don't do things by halves these chaps.

Wow!...the scenery is almost FSX in quality!..how the hell have you guys made it look so good??...this is CFS3 we're talking about here!!!...unbelievable!

What type is the new British Plane?

Wow!...the scenery is almost FSX in quality!..how the hell have you guys made it look so good??...this is CFS3 we're talking about here!!!...unbelievable!

What type is the new British Plane?

Looks like a 2 Seater Morane Saulnier L...

Looks like a 2 Seater Morane Saulnier L...

Thanks m8..not 'up' on the early birds

Thanks m8..not 'up' on the early birds

No problems must admit I didn't know what it was and as it was quiet in the office, I decided a quick investigation was of the order... Found it on this website...

http://www.century-of-flight.net/

O yes.

Those cockpits are stunning. i will be able to spend hundreds of hour in P4 DID campaigns again.

Thanx Winder and the rest of the team.

Morris

That DR.1 screenshot is now my new wallpaper!

OH SWEET MAMA! Look at those hedgerows along the field edges...look at those roads winding through the French countryside...look at that cockpit detail...and a 2-seater MS! Excuse me whilest I go put on a dry shirt, I seem to have drooled all down the front of this one.

I can't believe it, you guys have outdone yourselves again. Is this still using CFS3, I thought I heard somewhere that you were using a new engine? Maybe I misread the information!

Tony

Still CFS3 engine Typhoon, there's many new and improved areas many of which are not shown yet. Some we won't show for now anyway :)

BTW Dej, the DR1 if you look closely is new model wearing a new improved texture.

Still CFS3 engine Typhoon, there's many new and improved areas many of which are not shown yet. Some we won't show for now anyway :)

BTW Dej, the DR1 if you look closely is new model wearing a new improved texture.

It looks amazing. I'm with Dej. I made it my desktop background the moment I saw it. In fact everything looks like it has new textures to me. The cockpits, planes, scenery and terrain are all incredibly detailed. Bravo! :salute:

Hellshade

Hi Pol,

I'm very impressed. You've clearly taken on many of the comments passed here over the last year or so. I'll beg you for more German/French/Briddish two seaters in the hope that this will be fulfilled, but even if it's not, I think I've seen enough to persuade me that you've spent the last few months very productively.

I very much hope that this taster is the least that you can release at this stage - I'm more than aware that you have commercial competitors who'll probably be sniffing around for hints - and therefore if we see nothing else until P4 is released, I'll completely understand.

BTW - is that a Snipe flying over those tents? UKW? what do you think?

Out of all these replies, no one mentions the DH-5 on the arifield that the SE5a is buzzing....

Out of all these replies, no one mentions the DH-5 on the arifield that the SE5a is buzzing....

Don't you fly that already? It came out in the HITR expansion. Quite an interesting ride. The views and performance of an uber-DH2 with the durability of a nickel-iron meteorite :).

The terrain and clouds impress me most, a big improvement over what I see now. I also look forward to "fliegen gegen England" again :)

Oh yeah, and as an old cannoncocker, I love the "Néry Gun" which I have actually touched myself in the IWM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L_(N%C3%A9ry)_Battery_Royal_Horse_Artillery

Edited by Bullethead

Just found another detail: the Albatros' radiator filling top part is added.

When they come up with all these nice things, while they must still be miles away from even mentioning a release date,

I wonder what else they are compiling and developing in their "craft cookers' cuisines".

maybe rather the fact that you can see a DH-5 although you are flying a SE5a yourself. so far in p3 it's what type you fly, is the type you will see on the ground on friendly airfields.

A good point Creaghorn. A very nice touch indeed. In that same screen shot the ambulance that is exploded, there is debris or pockmarks scattered around it. I'm not positive, but I think that's new as well. Also, someone mentioned the clouds look improved and I must agree. The whole atmosphere seems to be softer and more natural looking. Is it me, or in screenshot #5 looking out the right side of an Alb (I believe) does it look like the airfield has been redone as well?

Hellshade