Sign in to follow this  
elhakimz

PSE HELP: Can't run Falcon AF (Error: 76)

Hi guys,

I have installed Falcon AF with latest patch, but it's still can't run.. I got the message :

Error: 76 .\Device.cpp Jan 19 2008: Requested resolution 1024x768x16 not supported.

Anyway I have Acer X153W (16:9 aspect ratio) with NVidia 9600 GT and latest DirectX and follow the instruction in FAQ. I can set the resolution to 1024x768x16 or above .. but it still can't run even using -window and -nomovie parameter

any suggestion?..

thank you

Abil

Have you tried 32 bit color instead of 16? to be honest I've never tried 16. The other thing is make sure the renderer is set at HW and not HW T&L.

Also make sure you get the latest nvidia drivers, as in the ones from this week. They've just apparently restored proper DX7 operation to them, and F4:AF is listed specifically as one that works now.

I agree with Jedi. Don't use 16 bit color. It looks much better with 32 bit. Also use the Hal rendering. T&L which mean transform and lighting like to mess with your graphics card. Especially Nvidia cards. As long as T&L is off and you are using 32 bit, you should have no problem.

I agree with Jedi. Don't use 16 bit color. It looks much better with 32 bit. Also use the Hal rendering. T&L which mean transform and lighting like to mess with your graphics card. Especially Nvidia cards. As long as T&L is off and you are using 32 bit, you should have no problem.

Thanks guys.. I 've got the solution.. it's the monitor driver!!.. I uninstalled the driver (listed as default monitor driver) and AF4 is working... till now I can't figure out .. is AF4 checking the monitor capability too..

anyway happy flying!

Ok, THAT is bizarre. I can honestly say I've never heard of that being a problem or a solution! Usually all that affects is what resolutions/timings Windows allows for your monitor. Weird.