Sign in to follow this  

Hi new here. Recently started playing SFP1 again for my leisure time. Anyway I'm running win 7 64x, installed and patched to oct 08 and installed the Mirage Factory weapons pack found here http://combatace.com/files/file/8130-mirage-factory-weapons-pack-01252009/

Anyway i'm finding that pretty much everything...bombs, cluster bombs, rockets, napalm, are ineffective against non-static ground targets like tanks and other vehicles. I had a mission where I had to destroy 3 tanker trucks and unloaded 2 napalms on them dead on, and nothing. Guns on the other hand 1 shot pretty much everything ground. So can anyone tell me if this is more on my end or is it the weapons pack?

All of those are effective - I wouldnt bother with Napalm though. The targets actually need a direct hit to destroy them - there is no intermediary effects of the truck catching fire or the crew suffering from other effects a bomb brings I'm afraid.

For moving targets cannon and rockets are the best - also use cluster bombs on formations of tanks.

For a line of trucks ripple rockets along them - or drop CBUs - works every time.

From the mid 70s you can use Mavericks.

CBUs are THE best thing you can arm your fellow pilots with. At least then they have a more than better chance of actually hitting something. If you ever get the WOV GOLD mod, napalm there works just as advertised.

For moving targets cannon and rockets are the best - also use cluster bombs on formations of tanks.

See I did drop 2 cluster bombs on a group of T-55s dead center and nothing happened. Do they take more than that to destroy?

Did the weapon effects actually hit the tank? You have to actually drop the CBU "short" of the target so it gets hit in the spread. Directly on top won't do anything.

Guest HoneyFox

One of the reason is:

many cluster bombs' data are not correct.

Mk.20 Rockeye has more than 200 bomblet in real world.

but look at the data in your Weapondata.ini, if my memory is correct, the bomblet is set only 20 or so.

with the spread area being big in the game, Mk.20's 20 random points of impact will often miss targets in the area.

for each bomblet, its explosive mass will be quite small so the area of effect will be really small for each bomblet. so... unless the point of impact is really near the target's hit box, the target will remain alive.

For my WOI, i changed my Mk.20 bomblet to 247(which is the actual number in the real world) and dispersion to 0.4(to make point of impact be close enough to each other). and it really works great to destroy trucks in game.

but this modification may reduce your fps because each bomblet will generate a cluster bomb explosion effect, so i reduced the particle count of the effect and now it doesn't reduce my fps too much.

Love to do something like that but for the life of me I can't open the weapon editor :(

instructions for Weapons Editor use can be found in our handy-dandy (and constantly ignored) Knowledge Base.

wrench

kevin stein

I get the process I just can't get it to work on win 7. I'm now able to open the editor but none of the buttons do anything as such i can't open my weapondata.ini

Got it working by placing it on the desktop. Now trying to add the F-111A's gun pod to the campaign.