Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Good News From My Son

As most of everyone here knows I have a son in the Marine Corps, and that I am very obnoxiously proud of him. Today he called me at around 1400 my time to tell me that he has made Sargent (E-5). I cannot find the words to tell him how proud me and the whole family are of him. I can say this, the rest of the day I was telling all my co-workers about him making rank. I am still waiting to see him face to face since the last time I saw him he was just a little boy and I worried constantly, but the man he turned out to be is what I had prayed for.

He picks up his stripes on the first of next month, I wish I could fly out to Iwakuni for the ceremony but I'm afraid that won't happen. BRAVO ZULU to him and all the other Marines that advanced, I know how hard it is to make rate in the Corps.

Semper Fi.

Give him my congratulations. Awesome news.

Salute.gif Congratulations to your boy grown to be a fine man! You have every right to feel extremely proud! My last tot of Scotch tonight is a toast to your boy, your family, and the Corps! drinks.gif

Sounds like you and the wife raised a fine son, congratulations to all of you.

OOOHHHRRRAAAHHH Firehawk: :good:

My congrats to you and him!

E-5 in the Corps today is a real milestone.

That last day at MCRD,the first time they called him Marine,he was no longer a boy.

As you said BRAVO ZULU!

Don't ever forget to tell him about how proud you are.

Thanks for the congrats, I passed them onto my son, now I know how proud my dad was of me when I made AO2. Ezlead, I tell him every week either when he calls me or on his Face Book page that I am proud of him as did my dad when he was alive.

ONETINSOLDIER, unfortunately I only had him until he was 8 years old, and he went through hell after his mother and I split. That said he has always told me that what I and his grandfather taught him kept him on the right path. He has always called me dad from the time his mother and I got together and he will always be my son. He may not be a Jones by blood but he's a Jones by willpower and attitude.