Sign in to follow this  
Slartibartfast

Where's Samuel L Jackson when you need him ?

tragic what happened to the people due to stupidity and greed yet im still compelled to laugh at it

@ Dave if we were to mod a croc for in game, would it be IRM or SAHM?

Edited by daddyairplanes

Jeez - typical the croc survived - and probably thought it was in food heaven until someone found a machete it seems.

Oh what the hell ! This is too funny for me to pretend to be sympathetic, I'll laugh ahahaha :rofl::lmao:

Edited by Atreides

It's sad really.

All those people died due to one person's stupidity. They simply reacted the way most normal people would when faced with the same circumstance, not realizing their doing so would kill them.

FC

I removed my remark because it was very insensitive. People died because of one persons stupidity.

Very interesting story. This one incident should force designers to model passengers as unsecured and self-propelled liquid flowing cargo. How to minimize this?

I never fly anymore and I never will again. But, if I did, I would be strapped in at all times, cos I'm chickenlittle. Just thinking about the possibility of going upside down, or just excessive bank or rogue turbulence -- borrowing that from rogue ocean waves -- is scary.

Very interesting story. This one incident should force designers to model passengers as unsecured and self-propelled liquid flowing cargo. How to minimize this?

You're kidding, right?

You'd either have to so minimize the passenger capacity as to make the aircraft useless...or be able quickly slam the CG at the rate a mob of passengers could move. Pretty sure that unless you're carrying a counterweight like an elevator in the horizontal...that ain't going to happen either.

I've flown an aircraft with probably one of the largest CG movements on the planet...I'd say only the Blackjack might have more. Even then, you can't adjust the CG THAT quickly...and good luck trying to convince airline makers to invest all that weight that could carry fuel or passengers into a swing wing mechanism.

And check your PMs...darn it!

FC

stupid accident... that's what happen in places where a few cents worth more than peoples' life

FC, PM responded to. Very interesting.

FC::

You're kidding, right?

No I'm not kidding. One thing I thought of is cabin walls to hopefully confine cargo flow to one sub-section. But you are half right about the economics. This would not make air transport useless, just reverse the trivialization of air travel. More expensive tickets corresponding to fewer passengers per plane. No I don't think it will happen because this cargo flow leading to this bad a disaster is not very common (I think).