Sign in to follow this  
Delta6Actual

Drop down menu

I don't know if this is in the right place to ask or not, but the drop down menu by where you sign in and out is always open when I am logged into the site. Is there a way to make it go away?

Did you try the little 'down arrow' to the right of your name?

FC

site has been doing some funny things of late. last two days the home button hasn't worked for me. but i am also havin probs with downloads from the cable modem IP (finally got the Flying Tigers skin for the A-10 while at mcdonalds today!) so i figured that was me.

I don't know if this is in the right place to ask or not, but the drop down menu by where you sign in and out is always open when I am logged into the site. Is there a way to make it go away?

What browser do you use? What version of Java is installed on your machine?

I would try the following without knowing the above. Clear your browser cache so that all pages being requested from CA are new and not cached. Update your version of Java if you're running an old version the java scripts like the menu drop down function may not depricate to older versions causing this problem.

Let me know.

Erik

site has been doing some funny things of late. last two days the home button hasn't worked for me. but i am also havin probs with downloads from the cable modem IP (finally got the Flying Tigers skin for the A-10 while at mcdonalds today!) so i figured that was me.

These are never good issues to have to resolve and I have been trying to work with you regarding this, as you know. File transfers and connectivity in general are bilateral. Specifically not only do we have to maintain a connection with your machine but your machine has to maintain a connection to us. If either side of the communication fails then they both fail. Consider it much like a phone call. If one person hangs up the phone on their end the conversation is over. The same applies to connectivity and file transfers.

Since you were able to download from the site at a remote location it would suggest to me that the issue we are looking for is at home. Have you contacted your ISP to have them look at your connectivity? Some questions to ask them are. Is my cable modem reporting any errors or resets? Is my signal to noise ratio within acceptable range? Is my packet loss within acceptable range? This may require a technician to come out and diagnose the problem but this is the most common cause of problems.

Please note that I'm not trying to step aside and say that our connectivity is perfect, although I'm confident it is well above normal, but when we have problems they are experienced by everyone or a group of people (example: all on the same ISP) not just one computer or connection.

Please keep me advised and let me know if I can help in any way.

Erik

last two days the home button hasn't worked for me

I see the error is happening in Internet Explorer, is it happening on other browsers? I will see what I can do to fix this. Thank you for the report.

Erik

site has been doing some funny things of late. last two days the home button hasn't worked for me.

This is what happens when I get tired. I was fixing a display issue where the "Home" link in the site navigation never highlighted when you were on the home page and it made the navigation appear to work funny. Anyway I forgot to close a list and instead used an operator. I found the error and made the fix then tested in Opera, Chrome, IE8, and FireFox. All appears to be working normally for me. Can you test this on your end and confirm that?

Thanks