Sign in to follow this  
tacoscent

Getting hit by My own heatseekers and F15 strike eagle problem

Ok so I made my own custom Aim 9 X sidewinder. It is a little bit updated, a little better. It lauches and travels faster giving it a slightly longer range, and also has better seeking capabilities. Only problem is, the tone will randomly change while flying when i have them selected. If i fire one, boom, it doesnt even move it just kills me. Bam and I was on a mission once. I have my MODIFIED F18 screaming in at mach 2.70 bearing down on like 12 migs, just like a peregrine falcon. I select my heetseekers and get the tone. I fire... And kill myself... I was quite upset... Is there anything in the weapondate I need to modify to stop this from happening? Even when I had enemies in front of me, it targeted me!!!

Also I tested out the f15A BAZ that comes with wings over israel. It gets to mach 2.5 no problem. I downloading the strike eagle and it is the one that regardless of fuel or weapons starts to kamikaze itselft into the ground the moment it hits mach 2.2. Was wondering if anyone could figure out WHY it does this, since I have no experiance at all with what a flight model is or what any of it means.

THANKS GUYS!

Could you post the stats for the 9X? Does it just stay on the rail or does it fly off and kill you? And the stock 9X is good enough though...

Thanks but I dont think I have need as I think I solved it. I made the arming time only a half second and the min launch range 0.35 kilometers, meaning if it was targeting me i couldnt shoot it cuz id be too close. It was literally like before, it wouldnt even come off the rail. It would just detonate. Also you should try my Aim 9x hahahaha. Much better than the original I think. Besides that..... Early design flaw :dunno:

We all have a time in wich we improve every ini on sight, i suggest you not to, most mods are fine the way they are.

Agreed, but I'm good to go on the 9X though... :good:

That's no 9X. That's 9XtremE

taco::

Besides that..... Early design flaw :dunno:

haha I like your thinking :salute::good:

You know I may need your help after all... It still did it once again... Its weird, maybe it has something to do with the Seeker FOV, or the target aspect ration??

Target aspect is irrelevant, may be seeker FOV, try reducing it and see what happens...