Sign in to follow this  
Chamo

THE f***?

think i read about that too in another source will look it up. however if you know what your plane can do you can do some crazy ^%$ and get away with it. read up sometimes on a navy pilot by the name of Hoser Strapata. he is renowned for doing impossible things in an F-14. or the "Topgun" hit the brakes let him go by manuever inspired by something Duke Cunningham actually did to get his 5th kill on 10 may 1972. that why so many people say its the pilot not the plane.

Probably. McKeown was not only Top Gun grad, but a member of VX-4, so he would have put the F-4 through it's paces in the OT&E. The problem with such a manuver is the same one the 'cobra' has...you can only do it once. And only if your bandit is close in with a relatively high closure rate...cause you ain't got nothin' else after you come out of it.

FC

What do you need an SU 27 for ....?:blink:

Hou doe,

Derk

The maneuver's also described in "Scream of Eagles", as is another one, that's also based on an intentional departure with the F-4.

That is called "I've had enough of this bulls**t." maneuver. That is a great fighter pilot!

Awesome!

I think that this one comes under...

Your last best move ever... because if you screw it up your dead... Move!!!

Everyone should have a last best move just in case...

Pulling the monoveur is incredible in itself. Pulling the manoveur at 1500 feet is simply nuts.

I can only imagine what must have been going throught the Vietnamese pilots head.... The word OWNED springs to mind :lol:

Pah - and who thought the FA-37 was the only jet that could perform such manoeuvres :lol:

Probably the same thing but while having a smoke and a pizza.

I was an ALS tech at Loring AFB in Me. It was a B-52G SAC base, and there alot transit

aircraft make a stop there. One day there were some Marine F-4's doing T&G's. There was also

a Buff doing the same thing. The Marines started to get a little fancy with thier manuevers.

I think it's called "Showing off".

Well, The Buff pilot decided to show off. I have never seen a plane that big do the stuff

he did. It was amazing. I think the pilot's name was Tomlinson. The bad part was that every

crew-member, except Tomlinson, thru up into thier mask. Our shop stunk for awhile.

:yikes: That was a sweet. I've seen on that show where a WWII pilot cut the throttle and pulled the stick into is gut so he thus causing the plane to come a dead hault and drop 1800 feet so he could get a way.

Man I would love to see an F-4 or any plane for that matter do a move like the one in the video at an airshow that was awesome