Sign in to follow this  
ST0RM

F-4N Phantom II for SF2

F-4N Phantom II for SF2

F-4N Phantom II for Strike Fighters 2 series.

23 Oct 2010

This is a continued update of the original F-4N Phantom II released by Column5 and Dave (ex-USAFMTL) way back in 2003. Thanks gents.

Additional thanks goes to Wrench. He released an update pack for this jet, in Jan '09. That got the ball rolling for this latest version. Thank you Sundowner for your awesome skins and Spillone for the excellent J79 sounds.

I went through the data, avionics and cockpit.ini files and upgraded the F-4B_67 to N standards in a similiar fashion as Project Bee Line (see below). Additionally, the loadout.ini was tweaked to properly match a USN configuration.

In 1972, 228 F-4Bs were converted into F-4Ns to bring the B-model up to a similiar to the F-4J and increase their combat capabilty. This project was named "Bee Line". Work was conducted at Naval Air Station North Island. The aircraft received slatted stabs, a new ECM suite (AN/ALQ-126B) plus avionics systems upgrades. The N-model entered fleet use in 1973 and remained in service with the Navy and Marine Corps until 1985. A handful remained post-1985, with the Reserves and test units. Those were eventually converted into QF-4Ns drones.

To install simply allow the extractor to place everything in the main SF2 folder. I've added the VF-111 pilots from Wrench, two of Sundowners skins (slightly edited for the N) and new J79 engine sound files from Spillone. Last time I checked, all had ok'd the use of their work for non-profit use. If I'm wrong, please contact me and I'll eliminate the files.

The canopy open/close is linked to the "0" key.

-ST0RM

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/24/2010
  • Category
    F-4

:good:

Righetous, baby!!!

wrench

kevin stein

Always happy to see more Phantoms - especially NAVY-ones... BUT: aside from adding the slatted horizontal stabilizers, wasn't deleting the small "bubble"-antenna on the top leading edge of the vertical stabilizer, and adding ECM antennae on top of the intakes part of Bee-Line, too??? (At least those are nor reflected on the add-on-screenie above.) Guess, those are the IMMEDIATE differenciators between the B- and N-model.

Correct me if I'm wrong......

PS: just took a look on the screenies posted in the "Screenshots" - there the black tips of the ECM do appear (although not their tube-like structure), still the small antenna on the fin is there.

And - don't get me wrong - I don't want to minimize your efforts. As said: I like every new version of the spook.:clapping:

Edited by stingray77

Great re-release of a mod!

Always happy to see more Phantoms - especially NAVY-ones... BUT: aside from adding the slatted horizontal stabilizers, wasn't deleting the small "bubble"-antenna on the top leading edge of the vertical stabilizer, and adding ECM antennae on top of the intakes part of Bee-Line, too??? (At least those are nor reflected on the add-on-screenie above.) Guess, those are the IMMEDIATE differenciators between the B- and N-model.

Correct me if I'm wrong......

PS: just took a look on the screenies posted in the "Screenshots" - there the black tips of the ECM do appear (although not their tube-like structure), still the small antenna on the fin is there.

And - don't get me wrong - I don't want to minimize your efforts. As said: I like every new version of the spook.:clapping:

You are correct. There were more mods under Bee Line that I was not able to do with the current F-4B_67 model. The only aircraft we've got that has the RWR antennas on the intakes is the F-4S, but it differs so much externally, I wasn't going to use it. I did the best as I could, with what I had available and within my capabilites.

Nice job Storm :good:

I'm not sure if it's possible but could the afterburner cans glowing all the time be fixed?

And - don't get me wrong - I don't want to minimize your efforts.

Then why bring it up?

Good work Jeff and thank you.

ähm , i´m not Sundowner i wish i were :lol: the Vf84 is my work , based on Sundowners template

Edited by ravenclaw_007

Take into account that not all N's had the APS-127 antennas on the intakes and that the fincap RHAW was a feature of the B models. So, if the B model being upgraded had the fincap it would've probably kept it after the upgrade to N standards. If you're looking for accuracy you're gonna have to check Bu numbers first.