Sign in to follow this  
gaw

audio magic

hey all.....ok....kids home from college on break....they know I've been flying these games since time began and look at me with pity.....why???...."Dad....you're missing half the fun"....."what???!" They're right....my nipper hooked up his Creative THX sound system to the computer with a sub-woofer under the desk and bade me fly on with the audio settings damn near maxed out. The house widows rattled, the plane wires sang in the wind, the near misses scorched past, the hits thudded home, the engine damn near blotted out the front/archie and I damn near lost almost all my composure.....it's a fact. The audio on this sim is an unrecognized frontier...at least for me, I've had to keep the levels low enough to keep the war department at bay...we all live by the rules..."She Who Must Be Obeyed"... but unleashing the audio, if only for a transcendent moment, has opened up a degree of immersion I never knew. So....next time you're alone....not answerable to the world you actually live in....try maxing out your audio and it'll seem a whole new game. I've been so fixed on FPS and all the tweaks recommended to make home systems perform like a Pixar studio that I've never explored one of our senses that totally add to the experience. Rudder pedals, Track IR.......all good,,,but this audio awakening was an epiphany. Warning.....your wife WILL come down and close the door to your office....don't take offense...it's worth it!

Hahaha - for Liberty of Sound! I will try that out!

all I can say is...

Does it go to 11 ???

Seriously though I have maxed mine out a time or 2 and it is great fun especially in the Soccer World Cup with people screaming because someone has fallen over or something daft. It's great in Winter when I can't fix motorcycle engines without the exhaust system...

Yuppers, I have taken full advantage of the audio aspect of OFF on many occasions, (all of which just happen to be when I'm home alone).

I just wish my volume went to 11, cuz at's one more than 10....innen it. Gives a bloke that extra little push over the cliff...dudden it. :rofl:

it surely does.......gotta go back in and try TrackIR again....gave my last one away it disoriented me so having to do the center head thing as well as keep an eye on the bad chaps....what a wimp

Yuppers, I have taken full advantage of the audio aspect of OFF on many occasions, (all of which just happen to be when I'm home alone).

I just wish my volume went to 11, cuz at's one more than 10....innen it. Gives a bloke that extra little push over the cliff...dudden it. :rofl:

The only problem with that is..........I'm never alone.

Well, for some it is a problem that they are always alone. We never have it perfect.

What about agreed flying time with your family - you use headphones, and they don't sneak in to shock you?:yikes:

Just an idea.

Well, for some it is a problem that they are always alone. We never have it perfect.

What about agreed flying time with your family - you use headphones, and they don't sneak in to shock you?:yikes:

Just an idea.

Don't get me wrong Olham, I'm not complaining in the least. Sometimes we all need a little time to ourselves, but time spent with these two is time well spent and it's never boring!

post-45778-063105300 1288096262.jpg

Hey, the boy has grown!

I know, Cameljockey, and I didn't mean to say that. I am pretty sure you love your family,

and of course we all sometimes need some time and space for ourselves. Or for OFF. :grin:

Oh yes, family is one of the biggest blessing we have, at least for many of us. And while I do have some alone time now that all the kids have grown and moved on to their own lives, I still much prefer when my wife and I have family visiting. Our middle daughter and her six-year-old daughter live just 10 minutes away, so we get to see them often. Life is grand!