Sign in to follow this  
navychief

A-7 Corsairs, and A-6 Intruders

I know the list of forthcoming aircraft addons is lengthy, but has anyone considered adding Corsairs and Intruders? Both definitely figured in the bombing campaigns, and it would be awesome to see them added too.

There was a post in here with a screenie of some ingame A-6's very early work not even textured. But I just about went ape when I saw them. I'll look for 'em and post em

I have an A-6 Intruder Model converted from a Gmax .. All i have to do is Animate and skin it if needed to.

Both are being worked on. I'll be all over skinning the A-7 when one is released. The biggest obstacle to new aircraft right now, IMO, is the lack of Flight Model tools or documentation.

:D

I agree with the call for the Corsiar, and the Intruder, but might I add, there was yet one other that stands out in the history of aviation. "The Last Gunfighter!" Let us not forget the the F-8 Crusader. Hopefully the documentation will be there for this one, seeing it was the last gun slinger of the day, before the advant of "kill from miles away!"

no no no, the crusader was the last of the gunfighters, the A-7 was, well, ugly. :?

Now I agree that the Corsair might not have been the best looking aircraft, but hey, that jet could deliver quite a load of bombs!

To me, the best looking aircraft, save the Phantom, was the Viggie.

Both are in production...the grey ghosts are converting a prowler to an intruder IIRC, bononzie (i dont think i spelt that right) had an A-7 model a while ago...and i think dave is going to make a Crusader after the thud is handed off to the FM experts (i may be TOTALLY wrong...so don't quote me okay :lol: )

Denzil

:o

If I can get my sister to let me have our father's pics, I will post some of the best shots of the last gunfighter here for all to enjoy. Daddy fixed em in Nam, and took many a pics of his beloved "Crusader!"

Nice pics, navychief!

Digital Overlord, if you need a hand skinning that Intruder please let me know. 'd be glad to help get that bird in the air.

Guest Ranger332

Digital-Overload

GET US THE MOD WE HAVE PLENY OF PPL TO SKIN IT ANY WAY YA CAN THINK OF

BSF332@netscape.net