Sign in to follow this  
jkl

Arial Weapons

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what the M30E2 Chaff Filled Bomb is/was and how/if it works in SF2? Also anyone know of any good books out thier that covers Arial weapons like bombs, rockets, & missiles from say the 1930's to the present Day?

Thanks for any help,

Jason

the chaff bomb don't work in game. I don't recall that it ever did, going all the way back to 06.

In real life, it would explode in mid-air, speading the chaff out to bling out enemy search and sam radars (E/B-66s sometimes carried them, as well as Phantoms in SEA)

Also anyone know of any good books out thier that covers Arial weapons like bombs, rockets, & missiles from say the 1930's to the present Day?

Google would be a good place to start....,

FAS.org is another (although sometime suspect politically)

Missile index http://missile.index.ne.jp/en/

various and sundry sites (you'll have to search for each sepecifcally) on which every system is of interest.

and The Bible (a real book!) for Soviet/Russian would be Yefram Gordons "Sovit/Russian Aircraft Weapons since WW2"

A MUST have!

wrench

kevin stein

Hey thanks for the info Wrench, That website should really help out in my quest to learn about Arial weapons. Also would you know the ISBN number for the book you mentioned "Sovit/Russian Aircraft Weapons since WW2" that would sure help in tracking a copy of that book down.

Hey Wrench

Just found that book on Amazon.com i think i'll pick up a copy of it. THANKS!!! who knew you were an Amazon salesman LOL!!

Jason

do I get a cut of the profits??? :dntknw:

even though (well, my copy) it only goes to 2004, it's WELL worth it :drinks:

wrench

kevin stein

So does anyone else out thier know of any good books that cover arial weapons??? Be glad to hear what other people have came across

another site is us-weapons designations. If you have DEEP pockets, I'm sure Jane's has something for ya.

I'm really sorry to throw a dictionary in the middle of a thread, but it's Aerial not Arial. (Arial is a font) :lol:

Edited by Dels

I'm really sorry to throw a dictionary in the middle of a thread, but it's Aerial not Arial. (Arial is a font) :lol:

OMG really,I usually smash off bunkers with my BGM-110 Times new Roman!!!!!:rofl:

personally, I prefer AmrilloUSAF, but that's just me

Never been able to spell 'aerial' correctly either!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench