Sign in to follow this  
CowboyTodd41

Hey Chief!

I think it originally a buddy Icon for AOL IM, but I found being used a forum avatar and I stole it :o I thought you, or any of the other old navy guys (not thos who sell clothes of course) might like it though.

navy.gif

:D :D :D

Hey, wait a minute B) , I'm old navy but I sell groceries :unsure: ! Made 44k last year (equal to an 0-2 or 0-3 I think), get 5 weeks paid vacation plus 5 paid personal holidays (6 weeks off a year) and get FULL benefits, including free legal!!! Retirement is not bad either. Can't wait till this weekend, Sunday I'll get "doubletime" at $17.56x2 an hour, Monday I'll get "triple-time". For 2 days I'll make $702.40! That's no sea story either :D !

Thought you guys might get a laugh out this but it is true. Call a Giant or Safeway Store in the DC area and ask what a tier one person makes, they'll back me up.

For what I do that's not too bad.

Liked the avatar too.

Foo

Edited by Foofighter

Hey Chief,

I just wanted to publicly apologize for the comment I made in a previous post a few months ago.

I said:

"I guess the economy is not so bad for you if your sitting on a govt. retirement check that won't expire until you die."

I was out of line and apologize for the comment.

I know some political "puns" (and statements) get posted around here every now and then that are mostly pro Bush and I respond sometimes and get a lot of flak for it because I disagree with most of them (but not all) when I post a response. Agreeing to disagree is one of the core components of a democracy so if I respond back don't get too pissed off, I'm just posting my response to something that I disagree with. I am usually not the topic starter but am just responding to a post that I've seen.

But, in the above quoted statement I overstepped a boundary and felt that I owe you an apology and thought it should be done publicly.

Chief, once again I apologize.

Foo

Edited by Foofighter

Thanks, Foofighter

Appreciate the apology. Politics surely does bring out the ire in us, doesn't it?

I try not to let it do that, but there are times......

NC