I have another question about adding stuff to the F-101. I wanted to be able to hang ECM pods/ chaff pods on the falcon staions of the F-101. I made a change based on the tutorial here. It did not work. I guess there is some other detail I am missing. I figured if I added the correct code to AllowedWeaponClass= I could put whatever I wanted. Apparently not. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

[FalconStationSX]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=1

StationGroupID=1

StationType=SEMI_RECESSED

AttachmentPosition=-0.340,3.45,-0.59

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=130

DiameterLimit=0.5

LengthLimit=2.2

AllowedWeaponClass=IRM,SAHM,EP<-------this is what I added so far. (the EP)

//SpecificStationCode=AIM4

AttachmentType=USAF,NATO

ModelNodeName=Falcon_sx

MovingPylon=TRUE

AnimationID=9

RotatingPylon=TRUE

PylonMass=10

PylonDragArea=0.001

Take a look closely at the other lines within the weapon station entry. Note things like AttachmentType, DiameterLimit, etc. Make sure the ECM pod will match or stay within those defined limits.

FC

Take a look closely at the other lines within the weapon station entry. Note things like AttachmentType, DiameterLimit, etc. Make sure the ECM pod will match or stay within those defined limits.

FC

Hey thanks! That worked! I changed some of the values to make them bigger, and now they appear!

and, did they actually carry them???

Neither the SSP "Modern Military Aircraft #5002: McDonnel F-101 Voodoo" nor the "Detail & Scale #21" mention anyting about ECM at all, or even RWRs, including the RFs.

and you'll loose your external tanks ... rather vital, I'd say. or you missiles if using the rotary bay for such things.

If'n your wanting to step into 'fantasy mountings', why just just add them as internal avionics?, like you see on the F-4J Phantom. Then, you just edit the data in to add the necessary SystemName= and the {ECM} statement.

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Actually some F-101's did carry ECM on the rotary bay. Most notably would be the F-101B (actually EF-101B) that is on the loading screen for the Early F-101B available here. If you look right behind the nosewheel, there are antennae for ALT-13 noise jammers. This was also the last F-101B (58-0300) flying in the US inventory. Also the last Canadian F-101B (101067) was an ECM bird and carried the same antennae and also carried ALE-2 chaff tanks. It was painted all black and was the only Canadian Voodoo to carry subdued national markings. This aircraft was the very last Voodoo to ever fly.