Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

OT I should be happy

Yup..My Wife has gone off to her Sister's for a couple of days, my Son is on a two day Farming trip..I have the whole house, and my lovely Dogs to keep me company!...Lot's of opportunity to play OFF etc....But...It's only day one, and I am missing them both.

It's the first time they have both been away....

I was looking forward to being on my own, without noise, hussle and bussle....but I don't like it! :this:

Been there WM. After 20+ years without the house to myself the first time it happened after all the kids moved away and Jane went to care for her mother for a few days I thought I would be thrilled for the silence. But in no time at all I was wanting them to come back. It takes some getting used to, and I've since learned how to take advantage of the situation when it arises without being blue about it. Solitude now and then can be an enjoyable thing too.

it is funny how different it is from you leaving to the family leaving you. they went to her dads timeshare 4 hours away and i couldn't get leave that week so i had to wait until the weekend to join them. had all the time in the world to work on models but got bored with it quick. then missed em so bad got on a boat to go dolphin watching. I HATE THE WATER:yikes: but hey whaat ya do for your family

Have to say though...The delicious Indian Take away and the Bottle of Merlot have helped 'ease the pain' somewhat :drinks: {hic)

I know what you mean, My wife's just gone to Australia for 3 weeks with her mother to visit her brother.

My wife is one of those who likes to chatter to her self ( yes she's a bit mad ) and by god the house is quiet now!

The week days aren't too bad as I get home from work quite late and start quite early so they just fly by but I reckon the weekends will be a bit odd.

Still I guess I've got it better than my retired father in law, he's got his batty mother in law to contend with while his wife's away.:lol:

I used to live in a little town in nevada called Battle Mountain where you could drive a couple minutes and be away from everything manmade where it was competely silent. The first time some friends from out of town came to see me we went for a drive in the desert and it was strange to see how uncomfortable they became with the absence of background noise. Funny how we become accustomed to things and the way we react without them.

Quite true OTS. I drive often through the nether regions of the Dakotas and have pulled over on many occasions to take in the quiet and solitude along a deserted stretch of road. It is always a bit unnerving at first to hear nary a human made sound whilst looking out over an endless vista.

It's the first time they have both been away....

I was looking forward to being on my own, without noise, hussle and bussle....but I don't like it! :this:

You really are getting soft, old chap.....

:grandpa::haha:

Parky, you missed this bit perhaps:

Have to say though...The delicious Indian Take away and the Bottle of Merlot have helped 'ease the pain' somewhat

Two days! Tch!!

One needs to tune in to being alone, and Merlot may be one way - I personally prefer "Over Flanders Fields".

They're back now...chaos once again ensues!...Horrah! :grin:

Isn't CSC the best of all chaotic situations - the Creative Survival Chaos of a family?

Wow cannot believe that not having the wife and kid(s) around for a few days is that big of deal.

Personally for me I'm happier than a pig in chit when everyone is gone.

Been married to the same person for over 30 years. IMO the trick is never ever ever take vacations with your spouse, work different hours, but have very similair intrests for when you are together.

We have worked together in the same industy but for different people.

Having to be much together time is just as bad for the relationship as not having enough. It's a fine line to walk but i like my life the way it is right now. I work days she works nights. Approx. 3.5hrs of being home together daily and then we have or weekends. Works for me and we do like it.

Wow cannot believe that not having the wife and kid(s) around for a few days is that big of deal.

Personally for me I'm happier than a pig in chit when everyone is gone.

Been married to the same person for over 30 years. IMO the trick is never ever ever take vacations with your spouse, work different hours, but have very similair intrests for when you are together.

We have worked together in the same industy but for different people.

Having to be much together time is just as bad for the relationship as not having enough. It's a fine line to walk but i like my life the way it is right now. I work days she works nights. Approx. 3.5hrs of being home together daily and then we have or weekends. Works for me and we do like it.

Each to their own