something with this outer pylons on this TW F-84F is odd , normally you should be able to load two HVAR stations and the outer pylon with a bomb or fuel-tank but here is simply not enough space to do so. i try all i could but i end up with the outer HVAR station on the wing-tip and not on the wing , the outer mounting-door should still be on the wing not on the tip :grin:

any idea what to do besides down scaling the HVAR missiles :rofl: maybe TK could move this pylons in a more correct possion if he find some spare time :grin:

this is how it should be

Edited by ravenclaw_007

get ahold of Soulfreak ... he, I, and couple other are expanding on my little 'tweeks' pak on T-streak

note to self: aks FC about the multi-paks from KAW. Obviously, they're missing the actual 'rack bits', but this is the mounting arrangement

EDIT: TMF's old triple racks work ok, too. They just need converting to SF2 format (as well as their old 200 gallon ferry tank for the outboard stations, not pictured here)

new stuff is coming! Paitence my brothers!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

i try all existing rack typ includinc TMF ones the result is still the same , by the way the HRAV missiles in my pictures are the original TW one the only thing i changed was the mounting

an yes Soulfreak was the one asking me to do this :rofl: but i did not know that the pylon was on the wrong place when i started to adjust the launchers :grin:

i also work on some other launchers and drop-tanks for the F-84F some are finish others are still in work

on the picture below you see the mounting position of the pylon and this is not the one on the TW F-84F , if you compare the picture please have in mind that my FFAR-pod is mounted more far out than it should be my rear mounting point is on the wing-tip what is not correct

Edited by ravenclaw_007

A solution would be to delete the existing pylon using the "component" method, then make up a new one and position it in the new location. Tougher to locate the mesh names in 2nd generation .LODs though. Wish TK had provided .OUT files for the new planes. It sure looks like the outer pylon cannot carry any store (except rockets) if the inboard (2nd from outside) HVAR carrier has rockets on them.

Edited by mppd

I see mppd has the same Aerofax book that I do!!! :grin: IIRC< it said the 'mounting pins were retractable' or someting like that. The pics above (RC's wing closeups) seem to show those.

FC is going to generate the rack lods, and we'll have them soon!

---------

the nodes would be:

pylon_outer_L

pylon_outer_rack_R

pylon_outer_L

pylon_outer_rack_L

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Super. Do those doors hang open under the wing when the 5" rockets are mounted?

Crikey. I've never seen a Thunderstreak with a probe before!

it's an air-data probe, used on this one while testing the 24-rocket loadout.

mike: don't I wish!

what's really cool about TK's Tstreak, that even (originally) designed as an AI-only, the thing's got bump mapping details! It just crys out to be modded!!

wrench

kevin stein

Super. Do those doors hang open under the wing when the 5" rockets are mounted?

yes , this are the rear mounting points and the door`s hold the upper fin´s of the 5" HVAR rockets but i dont know if this door´s remain open after firing the rockets

anyway i can hardly include the closing doors in to the model :grin:

Crikey. I've never seen a Thunderstreak with a probe before!

this was a request from Soulfreak because in europe some not all F-84F had the wing-pitot mounted , i dont know if the nosecone-pitot was still mounted as well and what was the reason for the pitot on the wing ???

Edited by ravenclaw_007

probably because the refueling doors/probe extended out from the area just in front of the windscreen??

wrench

kevin stein

probably because the refueling doors/probe extended out from the area just in front of the windscreen??

wrench

kevin stein

upps , now i get it i did not notice the refuelprobe on the one picture i thought the remark was about the pitot tube on the left wing of my model , i think i need a new pair of glases :lol:

Edited by ravenclaw_007

oh, I LIKES that!!!

wrench

kevin stein

What about RATO bottles for takeoff with that kind of loadout?