Sign in to follow this  
mikewhl

Not playing SFP1 Anymore!

This game is just no fun at all! I've tried and tried, but the MiGs are just too tough to beat! I must really stink at being a jet pilot.

You start the campaine with the F-100, what a complete and total dog! The MiG-17's just fly circles around me. They climb away, and come back down swooping and shooting, and the F-100 is struggling to do 200kts, and they are climbing away at 300+! What a joke! The damn MiG-17 outclimbs the F-104! This game is totally screwed, whoever did these flight models is........... :x

have you tried DKs new FMs? they fix alot of these problems? I think they are at skunkworks..not sure but you can e-mail or PM him.Yes there are some problems...but they are currently being addressed by both the community and by TK as he works on the patch. I'm not sure what sims you've flown before but I promise you they had to be patched(well maybe not M$ titles as they seem to forget they have games out there once they are released! I tried CFS3 and took it back after 30 mins of wasting my time with that piece crap),IL-2 has had 3 or 4 patches so far,not to mention Falcon 4 had to fixed by the community.I've been flying sims for to many years to get upset,I see the potential for this sim.Other titles I have make some really great coasters.

So what other sims do you fly?

CFS3 made a great frisbee for my dog!

This game has so much potential that it would be a bad move to give up on it now. The FMs provided by DK are great and they fix the prob with the F-100. The over-agile mig prob will get fixed also, as this has been addressed many times on numerous forums. I'm sure TK is aware of this and I'm sure he's working his ass off to fix things. Patience IS a virtue, especially with complex flight sims such as this. Things are looking up and they can only get better.

Gee it could be like LOMAC and you could only drool over pics of planes for 8 months till you're tired of looking at stuff you can't play with. Or it could be like M$ P.O.S. that they put out and forget about.

These jets are not simple slow prop jobs that you can find in every other flight sim on the market (overkill IMHO) They are intense pieces of machinery that have alot more aspects to them than a prop and stick and rudder, we're talking radar, thrust to weight, loadout options, complex avionics. This IMHO takes alot more to simulate than some P-51, and to simulate it as good as TK has takes time and lots of energy. Don't forget that the people who create games DO have a life, and can't dedicate 24/7 to a game

Sorry I'm ranting. I just feel that this has so much potential and so many members of the community, alongside the developers are putting alot into this sim and it deserves the same chances as any other game out there

An option would be to fly the MiGs until the patch comes out and fixes some of the FM problems.

Gee why couldn't I have thought of that whilst I was typing the last long reply.

That would definately solve the problem

An option would be to fly the MiGs until the patch comes out and fixes some of the FM problems.

Gee why couldn't I have thought of that whilst I was typing the last long reply.

That would definately solve the problem

Well, temporarily anyway. :)

There's no substitute for learing to use the vertical and to "unload and extend" (I love that phrase, sounds so much cooler than "run away") when flying the US jets. :wink:

SFP1 forces us to use better tactics. I just wish the AI was smarter.

Patience, grasshopper.

They'll get it fixed. Did I show my age there? :lol:

Well I didn't say I was getting rid of it! Just not gona play it till it's fixed!

I don't want to fly MiG's, I want to fly USAF aircraft, "and Kill MiGs"

If I didnt already know a patch was coming, this would make a great trash can filler!

We need someone like Avhistory.org to workup a spreadsheet for this sim! I think something like that would go along way to solve the flight model problems. As for right now the FM's are so far "off" it just no fun to play. And you cannot use the vertical, when your getting out climbed by the MiG's. Heck flying the MiG's is no fun cause, I can kill all the F-100's, F104's, and F-4's with way to much ease!

Mike Wholaver

mikewhl,

I feel your pain :) But like alot of the guy's have told me... try to be patient. I think it will be a great Sim when it's finished. Good luck on keeping busy while you wait.

BirdDogg. 8)

I think the best thing to do would be to install the updated FM's that are available. This will give you a better chance against the MIG's. As I learned, the hard way, don't get into a turning match with the MIG's; try to extend and then use the AIM-7's. I've been having great luck, by extending to 6nm or so (in a climb, as you should be faster), then performing an Immelmann and flying straight at the offender and launching at about 4 to 5nm or so. Guaranteed kill if you keep the yellow triangle on. Don't do this with AIM-9's as it won't work.

Jim

I would have to agree that the models need some work but also agree that better tactics are the key. As a few have mentioned already, the unload and extend is a very viable option. I have the luxury of having a former AF Rhino driver as a father. I noticed that this was something he used right out of the box the first time I had him try this game. He hasn't enough stick time in the sim to see the bad FM per say and yet he knew that this was a tactic he needed to use. At least that's what I observed. I hope to have him back in the "Instructor" seat as often as I'm able...gotta learn all the good tricks!

Ok, now I feel like an idiot. I cannot for the life of me remember where I saw those FM's. I didn't download them as I am awaiting the patches. I did however find these two threads that may offer some insight:

http://forum.biohazcentral.com/viewtopic.php?t=312

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bb...TML/002867.html

Of course, the important thing is tactics. Don't get into to a turning fight with a MIG, you'll bleed off too much airspeed and then you are toast. Disengage, extend, use the AIM-7's, you'll do great. I haven't found a plane in the sim yet that can out-turn the default MIG-17 & MIG-19.

Guest Ranger332

the way to defeat mig is a lil thing called tactics, but oh well BYE!

Oh you guys are so smart! But there is one problem, the ca(pain) starts you with an F-100, no aim7's. Yes you can extend with the F-100, but then what, you come back, and there's the MiG-17's climbing to 30k and laughing at ya.

Try this, get your air-to-air set to the AIM-7, disengage from the MIG, extend to 6+ miles, set your radar to bore-sight mode, do an Immelmann (half loop and half roll at the top), reduce thrust, line up the MIG in the center of the HUD to get the yellow lock triangle, launch your AIM-7 keeping the MIG as close to centered as you can. Now wait. You should get a strike.

Holler and ye shall find the answer to your woes..

Drop me an email and I'll send you something to to get you a temporary fix. I've put any additional FM work on hold until after the patch in case of ini changes. But if you are frustrated, drop me a line. cptdarkknight@cox.net

DK

DK is this one you released earlier? If so it works good.I'm still playing with it,and learning the F-4 with it.Also might include a read-me for installation,I believe I read theres different thoughts on installing these.

REQUESTING INTEL

Well personally I think we need WEEKLY updates on patch status. I love this game, and I love flying the jets. Considering I have been flying an 80% version since october, and a 47% version since last summer, I think it's time we started getting more info on the patch, because I know, I for one, am getting impatient. Yes we all want the patch to be "glorious". Nothing wrong with that, but why not shed a little more light on it? Make our mouths water, and the faith will return for most I am sure. :D

THink about it. I know some of you out there reading this have that patch and are loving it.. So share the wealth and go right now, and clickedy-click some screens and put 'em up here!!!! Tell us more about it! Tell us what has recently been fixed in the last few days, and keep doing that!! Talk about the multiplayer capabilities, and how cool coops are going to be! Tell us what the SAMs look like leaving the ground from pilots POV... ya know, "telephone pole with a smoke trail" ect, use your imaginations. We just need to know MORE. Oh, and if your feeling extra saucey today, YOU CAN TELL US WHEN ITS GONNA BE RELEASED!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Remember.... weekly.. weekly updates.... For as long as we have waited, I think we are owed a little more positive reinforcement.

S!

Migs are hard but I found that extending away with speed and then coming back with a missle attack works very well.....semiactive homing not heat seeking......this will be a classic (IMHO) sim when the patch arrives... 3rd party modders are already making it very interesting.....

as they have for so many other sims.