Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Totally OT My FSX Skin

Hahahaha

Finally cracked it!....This is my new 'Virtual Airline' called Air Northumbria

Operating When I can be bothered... from Newcastle to various European Destinations! :lol:

Taking Bookings NOW!! :grin:

A monoplane???  And what are these tubes under the wings?

Hate to tell you this but you have the "A" on the vertical stabilizer backwards.....if you don't believe me as Olham

Beard

Hate to tell you this but you have the "A" on the vertical stabilizer backwards.....if you don't believe me as Olham

Beard

Hahaha...oh yeah, so it is!...Oh bollox!... :lol:

Still a work in progress...I'm just pleased I finally sussed the format etc

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Widowmaker, that is a fine design. Mirror that "A" and it's okay!

Widowmaker, that is a fine design. Mirror that "A" and it's okay!

Thanks Olham..yeah, I might totally redesign the Tail logo

To get you really confused by choice, here is a website where you can download free fonts.

The choice is quite big; click on the magenta style descriptions at the left to get a new offer of choices.

You can also search alphabetical.

Click on the name of the font to get to the download.

http://www.fontspace...gory/futuristic

Edited by Olham

Is this the advert for your competitors?

here

Can't work out how to embed it :dntknw:.

Edited by tranquillo

Widow,

Nice skin!

How do you get them to work in FSX? I've been dabbling with the Carenado planes for month, but never seem to get the skin to look right. What program did you use, or maybe a tutorial?

I fly a Twin Otter around NY/Long Island are with destinations into Block Island, Martha's Vineyard, Providence, and other New England spots.

I love FSX, very relaxing and lots to look at. Ever see the Hot Air Balloons floating by? I once passed over a few on a trip up the US East Coast, in my Otter at about 7.5K. They were at FL02, and moving along slowly near Raleigh, North Carolina. It was a real treat.

OvS

I'd like a window seat portside just over the leading edge of the wing please, and have that buxom stewardess bring me a red ale as soon as the liquor cart is opened. And I pray to the Good Lord those orange hash marks on the tail aren't a tally of successful landings!

But seriously, nice job WM. :good:

Cheers!

Lou

Thanks for your kind comments chaps

OvS....I will write a quick tuitorial over the W/E and post it in this thread!

It's 'similar' to skinning in OFF...However with some VERY different and vital steps involving file formats.

All right Olham, you are now responsible for my lost two hours at the shop this afternoon.... I thought I'd just take another quick glance at that font sight.....I should have know better :grin:

Beard

Hihihi!!! Type setters, graphic designers, signwrites - fond of fonts we are. I suffer from the same disease. :crazy:

OK, as promised..a very quick tuitorial on skinning the default 737-800 in FSX

Firstly, navigate to one of the texture folders for the 737 (the plain white is a good start)

Copy the entire texture folder to somewhere like your desktop...you will see there are MANY files in each texture folder...you will need them all!..so don't delete any!!

Rename the texture folder to whatever you want your aircraft to be... mine is texture.AN... this now becomes your working folder, which you will use to design your livery.

The main fuselage file within this Texture folder is called B737_800_1_T

This is the one you open in Photoshop (or whatever you use)...It is a DDS file, exactly the same as OFF format.

You will notice, it is upside down...I just use Transform, and rotate it 180..makes it easier to work on!

Do your skinning exactly as you would in OFF (taking note, that unlike OFF...all decals, writing etc are MIRRORED!...so you need to flip all your worded textures, so they appear to be the wrong way around! (see example)

Once you're happy with your finished design...flip it back 180 again, so it appears upside down (as in the example above)....then save as a DDS file

(NOTE: the correct format is DXT5!!...NOT DXT1..like OFF uses)

You may get a "Two many Channels" error when saving...if so, you need to flatten you file!

Then copy the entire Texture folder back into the main B737-800 folder...and open the aircraft cfg file, to add your livery to the list!

Here is mine as an example!

(mine is fltsim.10...as I have 9 previous skins..so change that figure to whatever is next in your list)

[fltsim.10]

title=Boeing 737-800 Air Northumbria

sim=Boeing737-800

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=AN

kb_checklists=Boeing737-800_check

kb_reference=Boeing737-800_ref

atc_id=

atc_airline=Air Northumbria

atc_flight_number=AN07

ui_manufacturer="Boeing"

ui_type="737-800"

ui_variation=Air Northumbria

ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"

ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"

description="Boeing 737-800 Repaint By Simon Falla

Well, I hope that helps a bit (I'm not the best at tuitorial writing)...I will help as much as possible if you need any more!

good luck :good: