Sign in to follow this  
ValAstur

Another guy trying to reskin :-)

Hello guys.

I'm new to the skinner scene :cool:, but still have some probs when working with GIMP.

I wanted to reskin the camo from the F-4E for the fictional MiG-33 with the aim of creating a Navy skin for the plane, but I'm still a bit clumsy :grin:

Maybe some of the pro's in here could give me some hints.

Here is what I get when I paint the camo blue while choosing the color to change. How do I get the stains and spots away and get a plain blue skin out of it?

Edited by NazGhul

There is a layered templates set for the F-4E in the download section. Look HERE! You can switch the panel lines and rivets off, while working on the skin and also no parts (like the engine parts in your picture) are affected.

Ich seh du bist aus Essen, dann kann ich dir empfehlen hier im Forum mal etwas weiter runter zu scrollen, dort gibt´s ein deutsches Forum! :grin:

Regarding the F-4E templates they are great for SF1 but the SF2 Phantoms are mapped slightly different.

I live in Essen-Bedingrade, but that won't help me reskin the plane :grin:

I used drdoyo's templates to make these (see pics). Like AmokFloo said, just switch off the layers you're not going to work on. The templates are meant for SF1 but you can use them in SF2 if you axtract the lods from SF1 and use the cockpit from SF2.

but you can use them in SF2 if you axtract the lods from SF1

and why would one want to do that, when the SF2 model is far superior? Stepping backwards isn't a viable option (IMNSOHO). Animations will be off, postioning on the ground is off, innumerable small and sundry faults that will defeat the purpose

far simplier to ...

a) wait for better templates to be relased

b) create one's own (time consuming but not too hard)

c) wait for Sundowner (aka Rhino Skin Diety, aka Modgod) to release his

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Wie die es gesagt haben nutze verschiedene Layer bei Gimp, und die Parts welche du nicht repainten möchtest, wie die Triebwerksbleche usw. einfach Copy Paste und gut ist ;)

Gimp ist nicht schlecht, nur ich tu mich da manchmal auchetwas schwer, sonst geh mal in die deutsche LAberecke, auf der Foren Seite unten, da ist ein Länderspezifisches Forum!

Gimp empfehle ich nicht.

Arbeite lieber mit Paintshop Pro X, oder mit Photoshop 7.

Weils umsonst ist, ist es auch kacka. :lol:

Merkt man direkt bei der 1. Benutzung.

Paintshop pro x hat vor 2 Jahren oder so 10€ gekostet.

Die Investition lohnt sich.

wesentlich übersichtlicher & bedienerfreundlich wie die olle Gimp-Kacka.

Aber am besten ist natürlich Photoshop 7.

Aber leider teuer.

Keine Ahnung.

ich komme bestens mit Paintshop pro & Photoshop klar.

Gimp ging garnicht.

Also bleibe ich dabei. ;)

You know guys, there is a german thread aswell. Some of use not speaking german might find this post usefull so plz keep it in english.