Sign in to follow this  
hertzie

Installing HitR in Windows7

OK, downloaded HitR and patches and installed it on my desktop-PC with Windows XP. No problem at all, everything works great. Unfortunately had to buy a new laptop some months ago with Windows7, have BHaH working on it, so tried to install HitR, but gets the message that Setup cannot find my Over Flanders Fields installation. It's on my C-drive at the same position as on my desktop-PC, it has the same configuration, so ???? Tried to check if I was allowed to run the programme as administrator, but OFFManager refuses to open, only get error messages. All suggestions welcome!! Should it work when I copy my OFF-BHah + HitR Windows XP installation in the OBDSoftware folder of my Windows7 laptop? Kind regards, hertzie.

Hi Polovski, yes, I did, and I switced off all my anti-virus etc. etc. and followed all the stuff in the FAQ. I don't want to bother you folks with unnecessary questions (if possible haha, you never know with those 63-year old digi-illiterates :-)). But so far thanks for your concern, hertzie.

And another question: how can I be sure that HitR and the patches are properly installed? It will only install in the OBDSoftware folder, not in a temporary one. So how can I be sure that I get where I've payed for :-)) ??

When you open the workshop screen it will give you the version number in the lower right corner. It should say Phase 3 version 1.47 (I think)

Beard

Thanks Beard, on my desktop-PC with XP it says that it is HitR version 1.47. Tomorrow I will look at my laptop, I've installed/copied all I had on my desktop there too and so far it works, so maybe it's HitR version 1.47 too. Regards, hertzie.

OK, uninstalled and installed EVERYTHING on my laptop as the FAQ said and the result is: YES IT WORKS FINE!! And also my other CFS3 games work ok as well. Thanks for support, always feels good to know that you're not alone with your problems. AND: again MANY thanks for a great sim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Regards, hertzie.