Sign in to follow this  
Twizard

Merging Games FB+AEP+PF vs 1946

I am a Lock-On FC user who is interested in purchasing a low cost copy of either Il2 FB in combination with Pacific fighters or Il2 1946 (through EBay Half com etc.). I have a Dell XPS 410 with a Intelcore 4300 with 1.8 Ghz and 2.00 GB of RAM. and a Nvidia 8300 -8600 Vidio card. Will 1946 run on this without modification. Also have they upped the graphic violence on this version.

If I choose the FB route, do I need the ACE Expansion Pack to interface with Pacific Fighters and other mods.

Il-2:1946 has a lot more than FB+AEP+PF. There were a series of addons released overseas that weren't released here until 1946 bundled them all together. There's really no reason not to just get 1946.

The graphics between FB and 1946 didn't change much. The only real jump was from the original Il-2 to Il-2:FB. Every release since has been patches to the FB release code.

If your machine can fly LOMAC, you should be able to fly 1946 without much difficulty.

Thanks Jedi.

Is the level of violence i.e. :blood or shooting infantry , increased in 1946. Sorry for being a gaming prude but shooting down planes and blowing up tanks in my virtual world is different than mowing down people. Its a psychological Rubicon that I don't want to cross!!

Il-2:1946 has a lot more than FB+AEP+PF. There were a series of addons released overseas that weren't released here until 1946 bundled them all together. There's really no reason not to just get 1946.

The graphics between FB and 1946 didn't change much. The only real jump was from the original Il-2 to Il-2:FB. Every release since has been patches to the FB release code.

If your machine can fly LOMAC, you should be able to fly 1946 without much difficulty.

Unless you get some mods there is no more gore than in early versions of IL-2. The gorest thing would be killing a bailed out pilot (something the AAA from all sides seems to do a lot), but there is no blood or anything, they just fall down and lay dead on the ground for a while.

Yeah, I think the worst I've seen is a blood-stained canopy on rare instances. The people on the ground tend to be ephemeral and are there only to run away from vehicles, disappearing after they get a bit away.

Flight sims are not a gory lot and Il-2 is no exception.

Thanks guys, I have since purchased 1946 and I truly have to say its one of the best flight sims I have seen. It runs beautifully on my Dell. I'm up to 4.09 on the patches. The way trees and other background graphics are handled to save on frame rates is pure genius!!!

I evetually will download these but I have had some "dirty" downloads from "missionfortoday.com".