Sign in to follow this  
navychief

Moving.... not something to look forward to.

Well, it looks like we will close on the "new" house on 15 September, and my wife and I are NOT looking forward to this move.

Although we don't have a large house full of stuff to move, there's enough that I am dreading this. I moved into this cabin in January of '98, and thought it was my last move then.

Wrong.

And then there's effects of age to consider. I am seven years older, and the body doesn't "cooperate" like it once did, eh?

My saving grace is my wife. She has energy to get things done when I do not, and that's a good thing. When she decides to start cleaning a house, I get the heck outa the way. The woman is like a tornado.

Once we are somewhat settled, I will have to start looking for a good used farm tractor. I am thinking along the lines of an old Ford 8N. I am not knowledgeable at all about such things, so you farmer-types out there feel free to offer some advice. I cannot afford a newer tractor, so that's why I am considering an old Ford. 'Course I will also have to get a bush hog, and probably a finishing mower attachment.

Hopefully next year, once the financial dust has settled, we plan on getting a couple horses. My wife had several horses during her childhood, and has missed having one. It isn't possible to have one where we are now; darn covenants prevent it.

And so, once things are back to "normal", if that's possible for me, I will post some pictures of me on "the farm".

Looking forward to being there, but not the process of getting there.

Navy Chief

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I understand that age thinggy,my wife is same way,when I see a broom or any other implement of 'destruction' lolo I get out..I tell her its HER castle I just pay thye mortage and stuff...but anyway its great you got what you wanted..98 huh,yep bet you like me can accumulate a lot of things,funny thing tho,time to move we do prioritize dont we..

oh and may the Lord Bless your New Casa...

Thanks, Scout.

Right off the bat, I have things to get fixed; but I guess that's the price I have to pay for peace and solitude.

Green Acres is the place to be......heh, heh.

NC

Oh, I almost forgot to mention!

The home inspector who looked at the house last week was named none other than Mr. Hainey!!!! I about died laughing when I found out.

One big difference, though. This Mr. Hainey was NOT a con artist. This guy was thorough as heck, which is a good thing.

NC

I guess that's the price I have to pay for peace and solitude.

besids Chief dont see you as being the type not to want get your hands dirty to fix your own things...and it was also the price get a bit of a discount....

Oh, it isn't that I mind getting my hands dirty; but it's just that I am not much of a handyman at fixing things. That's why I try to get things that DON'T need repairs!!!!

Ejection seat and pressurization system maintenance? Yep

Home repairs? Nope

NC

seeing as you are moving to Tennessee iirc are you going to have a still in the woods & make moonshine? ;)

Time to rent Deliverance again :)

Well I have gotten my crew together, and when you're ready, we have decided to help....

crew01.jpg

Nice photos.... beautiful country. Would be a definate change from here in TeXas.

Yep, the crew will give us a laugh anyway. B)