Sign in to follow this  
Spad13

Why are enemy AI planes sporting American roundels?

To rephrase an earlier question to make it more clear, for some reason in my FE2, whenever I'm flying a German plane, many of the enemy fighters wear American roundels. Hanriots, Nieuport 27s, and now Sopwith Camels are flying in American colors. Any idea what's causing that and how I can fix it so they wear their appropriate roundels? Much obliged.

Is any particular terrain associated with the glitch? Is the LimitedNations=TRUE statement active on said terrain(s) (extraction of the main terrain ini may be necessary to confirm/deny this)

Of the above listed aircraft, assuming 3rdParty addons, have they're decals inis and textureset inis been brought up to FE2 standard nomenclature? Do the aformentioned aircraft have the proper NationName, as stated in the game's Nations.ini?

What are the operational years flying does this glitch occur? Do the Service start and end years fall within the allowable year spread of the game?

Are these aircraft set to Exported=TRUE, and if so, do the exported years fall within the allowable year spread of the game?

Also, can you post a screenshot of the "offending" insignia as they appear on the wrong sides aircraft?

wrench

kevin stein

I'll work on getting the answers here. But actually, the Sopwiths are ones downloaded with the game. I played around with it, and now they have French Roundels. I'll get a screenshot. I checked the nation names, and they are accurate. The years I haven't found a pattern yet but I'll check.

Is any particular terrain associated with the glitch? Is the LimitedNations=TRUE statement active on said terrain(s) (extraction of the main terrain ini may be necessary to confirm/deny this)

Of the above listed aircraft, assuming 3rdParty addons, have they're decals inis and textureset inis been brought up to FE2 standard nomenclature? Do the aformentioned aircraft have the proper NationName, as stated in the game's Nations.ini?

What are the operational years flying does this glitch occur? Do the Service start and end years fall within the allowable year spread of the game?

Are these aircraft set to Exported=TRUE, and if so, do the exported years fall within the allowable year spread of the game?

Also, can you post a screenshot of the "offending" insignia as they appear on the wrong sides aircraft?

wrench

kevin stein

I'll work on getting the answers here. But actually, the Sopwiths are ones downloaded with the game. I played around with it, and now they have French Roundels. I'll get a screenshot. I checked the nation names, and they are accurate. The years I haven't found a pattern yet but I'll check.

I'm playing around with it, since I was able to fix the Hanriot and Ne27 (don't know exactly what I did, either) - but to prove I'm not crazy, here you see where the AI came up with a French Sopwith- I was flying a Fokker.

59067e106788445.jpg

Hey SPAD13,

I've been trying to think of a solution. But I'm not sure why you keep getting the random markings either.

Is it all a stock install or have you messed around with the "TextureSets", aircraft DATA.ini's, or Nation names?

FE2, right?

Hey SPAD13,

I've been trying to think of a solution. But I'm not sure why you keep getting the random markings either.

Is it all a stock install or have you messed around with the "TextureSets", aircraft DATA.ini's, or Nation names?

FE2, right?

FE2, yes. Stock Install. I have not messed around with any of those things, since I didn't know what I would be doing, except for texture sets trying to see if say "Insignia007" = Belgium or something. But I changed those back when I got no change. I did set up a decals folder for some of the imported planes that required it. Those are working fine, thanks to Kevin's advice on correcting the "1" to "3".

I just played a few rounds, and everything seemed to be working ok now. Glad I got a print screen to show it really happened.

I did notice that when I select the Sopwith to fly, the default is the USAS, rather than RAF that it was in FE EXP.

I think Thirdwire should take all the mods you guys have made to date, put out FE 3 that combines them all into a simple download, and pay you folks royalties.

BTW, FE 2 is cool- glad I took your advice to get it.

Dave

Edited by Spad13