Sign in to follow this  
Slartibartfast

The New Strutter in Town

post-4136-098384200 1289810169.jpg

This is my new skin courtesy of Raf_Louvert... kind fellow that he is for my Sopwith Strutter. Hopefully now I will stop getting it Ventilated too much...

The Crest is for ny family name and the 42 goes without saying with regards to my Nickname in here... and the blue fuselage is because I fly with RNAS 5 all the time or so it seems...

She is a wonderful airplane and I am more than happy to fly it. My thanks again to RAF_Louvert for his time. :drinks:

It was my sincere pleasure Slarti and you are more than welcome, anything for the cause. I hope "Fiddly Bits" will serve you well throughout the conflict.

My thanks goes to Pol and OvS for the fine Strutter skin they built from scratch and which I was able to use as a template to build from.

Cheers!

Lou

Holy Schnickee! That's a fine skin, guys! Now you will have to be triple careful, Slartibartfast! Or only fly it on sundays.

Thank you Olham, that's quite the compliment coming from someone with your superior skinning skills Sir. But the Boche best be blanched when Slarti's about in his new bus as I doubt he's saving it for simply a Sunday sally. "Damn the alliterations, full speed ahead!"

No I am planning on ambushing the Boche Oswald Blöcke... and giving him a very very bad day...

Hihihi! Slarti, I see the headlines already:

Heavy British raid on German airfield!

Several Strutter shot down by ground fire

A beautifully painted craft just made the escape back over the lines, chased by

Fokker fighters. One of the downed British pilots talked: "We came to finish off

Herr Blöcke once and for all!". Now the German officers gave wonderous looks to

each other - none of the officers, nor anyone among the German airfield ground

crew was of this name.

The whole confusion got cleared, when the ace Oswald Boelcke entered the office.

"That's him! It's him we wanted to kill!" shouted the Tommy.

"You will be arrested for 10 days by water and bread, for pointing on a German

officer, ace and gentleman with your naked finger!" shouted the Ordonanz officer,

and they brought the guy to his prison cell.

Boelcke himself smiled about the incident. "With this name of mine, it may take

them ages to find and get me", he said.

Edited by Olham

Hihihi! Slarti, I see the headlines already:

Heavy British raid on German airfield!

Several Strutter shot down by ground fire

A beautifully painted craft just made the escape back over the lines, chased by

Fokker fighters. One of the downed British pilots talked: "We came to finish off

Herr Blöcke once and for all!". Now the German officers gave wonderous looks to

each other - none of the officers, nor anyone among the German airfield ground

crew was of this name.

The whole confusion got cleared, when the ace Oswald Boelcke entered the office.

"That's him! It's him we wanted to kill!" shouted the Tommy.

"You will be arrested for 10 days by water and bread, for pointing on a German officer,

ace and gentleman with your naked finger!" shouted the Ordonanz officer, and they

brought the guy to his prison cell.

Boelcke himself smiled about the incident. "With this name of mine, it may take

them ages to find and get me", he said.

Outstanding old Chap but the last encounter me and that Oswald Boelcke bloke had he ended up swimming in the Nord See... he was last seen trying to paddle a wing home...

on another note I accept my apologies for naming him incorrectly... its been a bad day enlightened with the new Skin for my Strutter and the enjoyable note that you have made with my misspelling of the man that could be called father of dogfighting... I am humbled...

I am now attempting intravenous injection of coffee... straight to the bloodstream... direct to the brain thats what a weekend without Coffee does to me... its terrible.

Aren't you in Austria now? They were among the first of the European countries enjoying "Caffee" -

after they had beaten the Turks, who left piles of bags with roasted coffee beans behind.

So go out and get you some good quality, olde chap, but don't consume too much - your trigger

finger might be trembling!

O. Boelcke paddling on a wing back to the North Sea shore? What a sight it must have been!

Next time we want photos!

Aren't you in Austria now? They were among the first of the European countries enjoying "Caffee" -

after they had beaten the Turks, who left piles of bags with roasted coffee beans behind.

So go out and get you some good quality, olde chap, but don't consume too much - your trigger

finger might be trembling!

O. Boelcke paddling on a wing back to the North Sea shore? What a sight it must have been!

Next time we want photos!

The next time there will be photo's... hopefully taken from my wingman with me flying over him only being polite and all that... as to the coffee thats why I needed a weekend away from it... too many good cafe's here I pass 6 that I know off on my way to work and its only 20 minutes walk!!! That doesn't include the Bäckereien no wonder I have put on 5 kilo's in 5 months... don't even ask about the Wiener Schnitzel's and Sachertorte...

That is a really nice skin. You must both be proud - one as the designer and one as the owner :drinks:.

Hhhmm, a Srutter being strutted, eh! :grin:

Jolly good show, Slarti and Lou. :good:

A stunningly gorgeous skin there Slarti. Truly fitting for the days when "Men were real men, women were real women....and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri". :cool:

Huge fan myself, btw. But not of the travesty of a movie.

Edited by Scouseair68

It's nice to know so many of you folks like the Strutter skin, and I'd be happy to make others for those who would wish their own.

Scouseair, I agree about the movie being a travesty. Never came remotely close to the books or the series and their wonderful style.

"It is known that there is an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the product of a deranged imagination."

Sheer genius.

One of my favourite quotes...

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Back to the little Strutter she had a wonderful outting last night sent on a recce of some guns only problem was I lost my flight completed the Gun Recce alone... then out of the sky fell an Ennie and 4 other biplane types Rolands I think who proceeded to cause me problems all the way back to base hedge hopping all the way landed with no ammo left and myself and my gunner accounting for the Ennie and 2 of the Rolands... not a bad first day out... shame there where no witnesses and that I had a minor issue in taking screenshots... note to self must try harder...

Slartibartfast,

That is great and beautiful work.

Well done. It needs a few bullet holes from and Albatros and she will be better.:grin:

Morris

Edited by Morris

Scouseair and Lou - what the heck are you talking about???? An SF series perhaps?

Scouseair and Lou - what the heck are you talking about???? An SF series perhaps?

No its from the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy Book and the travesty that they call the film...

Part of the details on the plane ie the 42 and Fiddly Bits (the name) and my nickname Slartibartfast are all bits from the book...

Slartibartfast,

That is great and beautiful work.

Well done. It needs a few bullet holes from and Albatros and she will be better.:grin:

Morris

Ha I quote you Albatross... ala Monty Python

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_u7VGiMO0U

And the aforementioned Albatross would have to wait until I was sat still long enough to hole me precious...

Edited by Slartibartfast

that is a funny clip but that Albatros has no Spandaus with a 1000 rounds.

m

:drinks:

Thanks for the explanation, Slartibartfast. I know your name is from that book, and I even enjoyed it long time ago,

but didn't remember that this excerpt was from there. Maybe I should read it again.

Thanks for the explanation, Slartibartfast. I know your name is from that book, and I even enjoyed it long time ago,

but didn't remember that this excerpt was from there. Maybe I should read it again.

I must admit I read the books at least once a year there are certain comments that make me realise how crazy life is... now I am off for a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster :drinks:

Edited by Slartibartfast