Sign in to follow this  
Creepy847

Lomac Formation flying Video

3 of us made this last night. This was our first attempt at tight formation flying.

The move can be downloaded from this link:

http://44th.hgmux.org/temp/screenies/

Scroll down an till you see Threebirds TRK an download the movie.

To view the video just download an open with Winzip or Winace or whatever you use an then place it in your Lomac Tracks folder. It should look like this.

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Missions\Tracks

Start game an from main interface select "Edit" Mission Editor

Select file from the top left an select open from drop down menu.

Now select <Tracks> at the right.

Now click on "Type If Files" at the bottom right an select "Track Files".

Now double click on "Threebirds" from the right above type of mission.

Now look atthe top left an click on "Flight" an select "Play Track" from the drop down menu.

It will automatically start.

You can use your F1,F2 an F3 to move between aircraft. You can only see the cockpit view from the 3rd aircraft the other 2 aircraft can be seen by using the F2 an then panning around them from outside view. Zoom in by using your mouse scroll or whatever you have it mapped to.

Enjoy the movie.

R/S

Creepy847

Semper Fi.

i'll check it out when i get a chance

Sweet, wish more people were making and distributing tracks and you can make edited versions of them as well. Need to watch out for those trees but the formation landing was sweet (was sure there was going to be a collision on finals whew!) TrackIR is also a must have item Creepy, it makes close formation flying and relative position holding, maneuvering, navigation and maintain constant visual on flight members much easier, particularly if you over-shoot the leader like that

Thx Finiteless. It was actually alot of fun doing that. I have Track IR but Im so use to using my hat switch that I seldom use IR unless Im flying MS 2004. Grayghost was flying lead in that formation an we had a new Lt flying with us who is actually filming the track.

I was in the 2nd slot on this an as we started the loop youll notice that we dont get into AB till its too late. As we got to the top of the loop we both departed. I was less than 100knts at the top an I think Ghost was pretty much in the same situatioin as far as speed goes. We were very lucky neither one of us collided I did loose sight of him there for a sec.

Valeth who was in the 3rd slot has very little stick time in Lomac hes pretty much our web designer an admin for our site. I think he did a pretty good job considering how little time he has actually playing the game.

We will be practicing more in the future an actually try to make a track thats pretty much flawless. It will take alot of practice but in time I think we will make something pretty cool.

R/S

Creepy847

Semper Fi.

If anyone interested in playing with us you can check out the server on HyperLobby or our webpage if you would like to touch base with us.

http://44th.hgmux.org/

The server is called the 44th an you can find it on HL. I run it out of my home its a wireless connection with 5megs down an about 1meg up it runs pretty good an I try to turn it on as soon as I come home an let it run till I go to bed even if Im doing other things.

Anyways check our site out if your interested in flying with us. If not then just join the 44th server on HL an have fun. We try to keep the game at 16 with pings no higher than 400 make sure you connect @ 128/128 thx.

R/S

Creepy847

Semper Fi.

Looking forward to the perfected one. I honestly could not go back to using a POV hat now. If my TrackIR broke I'd be pissed lol. Suppose I should d/l the H/L client and have another go at Lock On Online, I got so peived with 1.01's m/p bugs that I've only been playing single player missions since May, but I realy miss the m/p guns only action in Lock On--bliss. :D

Yeah. I'm just a part-time flier, but at least I didn't take any planes out of the sky on accident (my own included). At least I can say I managed to get my bird up and down without damage... which is more than I could do two weeks ago.

Wish I had a TrackIR, but that's out of my reach for a bit yet. I've found an almost-acceptable substitute in Freelook, but it's just not quite good enough without absolute positioning, and the camera I have is too slow to really use.

Spent most of the flight alternating between looking right 30 degrees with FOV zoomed wide and glancing down at the panel...

-V

Edited by Veldcath