Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Is this the best Forum ever?

I am constantly blown away by the people on the OFF forum.

They delight, amaze and make my day in so many ways!...I laugh, I shout...I often have tears streaming down my cheeks!...I have spat more coffee over my Monitor...smacked my Jaw on the desk in amazement more times on here, than any other Forum.

I consider all of you as my friends, and I smile, worry, warn and congratulate you all, as I would my friends here in the UK

We come from many different Countries, from all over the World, each of us bringing a little of that here everytime we post..

It is only right, that the Best WW1 Simulator in the World...period...should be graced with such wonderful, warm and lovely people.

I raise a glass to all of you, my OFF friends...thank you for adding so much to my day!

God Bless you all :salute::drinks: :drinks:

• Like 2

AGREED 100% WM! And God Bless right back at you Sir. You are without doubt one of those who makes this place priceless.

:drinks:

Cheers!

Lou

• Like 1

The best forum ever? Yeah, I can drink to that. :drinks:

Edit: Apprently one of the emoticons is not working, so move along people, nothing to see here. :grin:

Edited by Hasse Wind
  • Like 1

To the Gentlemen at the top I couldn't agree more and my thanks also go out to the Combatace administrators for letting you weirdly wonderful chaps in here... this is without doubt the only WW1 Forum I will ever need... all of you make this feel like a special place to visit.

So I am in definite agreement... to Widowmaker Lou Olham and all you who are too numerous to mention dont forget the wonderful developers for creating this madness... the Combatace guys and girls et al... and last but not least that old timer in the corner of the mess that is UncleAl... :drinks:

Edited by Slartibartfast
  • Like 1

aye. friends in almost every corner in the world.

i would go so far to say that if anybody would make a trip to anybodies country and be near someone, he would have a place where to stay during the time. :drinks:

• Like 1

' To the Gentlemen at the top I couldn't agree more and my thanks also go out to the Combatace administrators for letting you weirdly wonderful chaps in here... this is without doubt the only WW1 Forum I will ever need... all of you make this feel like a special place to visit. So I am in definite agreement... to Widowmaker Lou Olham and all you who are too numerous to mention dont forget the wonderful developers for creating this madness... the Combatace guys and girls et al... and last but not least that old timer in the corner of the mess that is UncleAl'

I whole heartily agree - you only have to visit other site forums to realise that this forum is very special!

• Like 1

It certainly has my vote. I would even go so far as to say that the people in the forum are 1/2 the enjoyment of the flight sim itself. Being able to exchange ideas, not to mention humor, stories and mods, does wonders to deepen an already immersive and exciting sim. I have no doubt I get more out of OFF:BH&H simply because reading this forum illuminates many aspects of it that I might otherwise miss or not understand.

Come to think of it, this Forum pretty much serves as the "Pilots Pub" that the real WWI pilots used to retire too in the evening after the missions were done. United in a common purpose and experiences, they shared their thoughts and feelings on everything from tactics and adventures to the loss of good friends. If OFF is a tribute to the Great Air War, the Combat Ace Forum is most certainly a tribute to the pubs the pilots socialized in after the days work had been done.

I count myself lucky to have found people of such good company.

Hellshade

• Like 1

Hear! Hear! On all counts. I too raise a glass to you all... and hand around the nibbly bits!

• Like 1

Hear, hear! :good:

One of the true dangers of this excellent forum is that it SO entertaining. Many has been the night that I've missed playing OFF because I was too busy reading the forum instead!

But any time you spend smiling and laughing is time well spent I say!

Cheers to all of you who make this forum such a great place - and I'll have some more nibblies over here if you please! :bye:

Hear! Hear! On all counts. I too raise a glass to you all... and hand around the nibbly bits!

I'll have to pass on the nibbly bits; my wife has me on a diet and rightly so.....sigh.....However, I did sneak a good taste of some stout!

Cheers!

plug_nickel

:type:YES! :heart::flyer::iagree::ymca::groupwave::friends::pilotfly:

Edited by Olham

A big yes from me too. I'm a member of quite a few forums on various subjects but this one is the friendliest by a long way.:good:

I have to admit that I probably spend more time viewing this forum then I do actually flying OFF.

Almost sounds sacreligious to say it. :pope:

I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but yes, this is a most friendly, helpful forum. Good chaps all. next round is on me party-smiley-012-1.gif

I agree with all the above opinions. My 2 cents is to say that Over Flanders Fields and this forum are one of the best things that have happened to me for quite some time. You all are part of that and I raise my glass to you :drinks:

As said in my own:"Consider bying OFF" topic...

"I said, above that I feel already home...

I have to add that I also feel privileged to be here!"

Cheers!

:drinks:

I have to admit that I probably spend more time viewing this forum then I do actually flying OFF.

Same here. I can't always get a clear hour free for a mission but I manage to catch a couple of glimpses at the forum most days. A quick review during lunchtime helps me stay sane(ish) at work.

like Steve58 I am more a lurker than a poster, but there are some very fine gentlemen here. Olham has helped me by translating a document. I never let the day go by without checking on the people on this fprum. Lou is a great writer with his Paul Blum tales. It is an honor to see so much talent that is displayed here. Thanks to all who come here for a break in a hectic day. If you need help or just something to smile at you can find it here. Thank you gentlemen for all you do

Well said. I have not been around hardly at all during the last month, as I got involved with another sim/forum (not a WW1) and it has quite a few members. What I find over "there" is a lot of immaturity and arrogance. Granted, it has many, many members as compared to this forum, but this is heaven compared to the "other" place.

Mr_Dirt wrote:

Lou is a great writer with his Paul Blum tales.

You honour me Sir, and I am so glad to learn that you too are enjoying Paul's story. I am hoping this weekend will allow me time to add the next installment.

Cheers!

Lou