Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Ollie North weighs in on Kerry

As the President said, the war on terror is not winnable

Ok,who will SIGN the documents ending the war on their side?.....that is what was meant,I dont think the man was actually stating we could not win,least not in the traditional sense of bombing them into submmision...the traditional sense of kicking him out of occupied lands...

The goal of the war on terror should be preventing terror attacks from happening here at home.

unless I missed it we not been attacked here in a few years.......

Btw veterans did commit war crimes.. he should not apologize..He should praise those who had not. This stuff happens in every war..Including the Iraq war.. And for fellow vets not to admitt such things occurred and choose only to paint a perfect picture on all service men that went to vietnam only lie to them selves. Vietnam vets desever the up most respect but they also deserve the truth..Kerry didnt say all vets or service men committed these acts..Very few did..But it did happen.

Yeah, Welfare reform. Clinton did more work on Welfare reform that Bush has. Bush hasn't even mentioned it. Instead he has sent jobs to other countries promoting the use of welfare and medicaid in this country. I agree with republicans on Welfare. I just don't see any republicans in office prepared to do anything about it.

WE ARE ATTACKED BY TERRORISTS ON A DAILY BASIS!!!!! I define terrorists as anyone who causes loss of life or quality of life. Every illegal alien that crosses the border drags on our economy and our way of life. This is terrorism. Every minor that crosses the border is automatically given rights as a US citizen including Medicaid. My wife works in an orthopaedic surgeons office and she ROUTINELY sees patients that have only been in the country for a few weeks and already have medicaid.

We need fences with sentry posts and armed men prepared to shoot anyone making a run at the border.

yes we could buy them cheap from the old east germany,or poland or chekoslovakia,hell we might even be able get their guards to come out of retirement........If you are REAL about the securing the border stuff,lets go to the SOURCE...a water faucet stops running when you shut it off right? ok lets go HEAVILY into the factories,the farms the fields in this country that hire those poor folks...Fine,really Fine the OWNERS of those places..or close them down,whatever it takes,if theres NO jobs here they wont come,not unless they really desperate,tho Id hate to pay 5 bucks for a head of lettuce... understand what you are saying but short of turning way over 2thousand miles of open ground into a mined,automatic firing machine guns militarized zone theres no way close it...even IF those ng units are brought back,even if ALL the US Army is brought back,you can not close it,unless you close the job market here

Who cares about signing documents. Our troops will be staying in Iraq for years to come. The terrorists are here and in Afganistan but nobody is looking for them. Hell, Saddam Hussein was an ally in the war on terror. He would not allow any power rival to stay in his country. Now that he is gone, terrorist are all over that country. We have 146,000 troops in Iraq, but only 9,000 in afganistan.

Bush flip flopped on that winning the war on terrorism issue.. No way we can win the war on terrorism..Only way that would be possible to to break the idiology of the Islamic world on terrorism..Only time we could ever win terrorism is if we infact were to fight like we did in WWII..Break them like we broke nazi germany. Bomb them more horrifically than they could ever do to us..They would eventually get the picture. You will never break idiology or terrorism by the means in wich we deploy..Terrorists Simply dont care about rules of war and once you realize that you will know the likely hood of winning such a war.. To win this would come at a hudge cost in lives and I dont think the world is ready for that just yet.. However, take note that 200years of terrorism will claim more lives than any single major war against it. I wish for a peacefull resolve..just dont know if its possible considering their main goal is a perfect islamic world..

Btw: Not all musslims are bad people! I treat them just as well as I would anyother american! And that my friend is half the battle.

examples:

http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/articl...osama_dolls.asp

http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/articl...ama_lighter.asp

http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/articl...tinian_toys.asp

This A-hole we have in office now doesn't want to allow me to listen to what I want, watch what I want, or believe what I want.

did I miss the passing of any law against all those things?????????????lets see,you want to seal the border but are worried about who reads your mail? way I see that is If they want see my poorly written emails,let them..if they want make sure my 11 yr old son cant see t&a on the tv I have no problem with that..

Perhaps armed sentry posts are a bit extreme. You have to admit that we have no manpower on our borders. border patrol agents will tell you they are heavily under staffed. In order to help this, Congress wants to give citizenship to illegals that are already here. They will be in the system so they will have to pay taxes and those tax dollars could be used to reinforce our borders. There is no perfect solution, but cutting the tap to a slow trickle would certainly help.

Any Middle eastern terrorist could walk across the border with a fake Id and not even be asked a question

somehow I think that is a very distant possibility,Id be more afraid of terrorist walking across into michigan,upper ny etc...you did mention closing the border,I replied,but will add now,you think we ought close BOTH borders?

I need to clarify my remarks a bit. When I said bush wants to regulate what I listen too, and what I watch, I am refering to the crack down on media. Call me a jerk, or a pervert but I enjoy listening to Howard Stern and watching naked females on film. John Ashcroft wants to heavily regulate those things. He also wants to limit what can be shown on HBO, and showtime. WTF!!!! Leave our freedoms alone. They don't want children to see and hear such things. Fine. I'm a teacher, and I would like to see parents raise their kids. Should accomplish the same goals.

yes both borders. I didn't mean close, but security needs to at least be on par with the airports.

Congress wants to give citizenship to illegals that are already here. They will be in the system so they will have to pay taxes and those tax dollars could be used to reinforce our borders

the ones that work in most places have tax deductions,and ss taken,they can't by law FILE thoo the money IS taken out

Fine. I'm a teacher, and I would like to see parents raise their kids. Should accomplish the same goals

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! being real I DO agree on howard stern,hell I dont like him,but if it came on the radio I would just change the station,same for tv..but lets be real,it does get bit err err nasty even in childrens shows..

I'd like to say that I have enjoyed this discussion. We may be on different sides but the level of intelligence in this conversation has been very high. Most of the people I debate with are so close minded and un-informed that it is useless to talk to them. Great points on both sides.

closing the border isnt possible..unless we build a very big wall with underground mines and sensors every 10 feet.. But giving licenses to illegals and allowing them to stay just invites terrorists with a warm hug.. best defense would be to establish and army specifically created to round up aliens and deport them..we need to drop deportation laws that prevent us from sending them back and drop all benifits to illeagals that manage to make land fall. I dont mind immigrants comming to live here..I do mind illegal alliens breaking into our country takine jobs no matter how unwanted they are.

I wish for a peacefull resolve..just dont know if its possible considering their main goal is a perfect islamic world..

I (gasp!) agree with you...they need to come to the realization we ALL live in this world,if they want to draw a middle ages mentallity on their lands,thats fine by me...just leave MY kids alone..

yes both borders. I didn't mean close, but security needs to at least be on par with the airports.

ohh we are in very deep kimshee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just kidding,yes tightening wont hurt,not one bit

I even disagree with some of the things I hear on his show, but I would never let my kids hear it. Most of the music heard on the radio nowadays is just about as bad. I probably would not let a young child even listen to the radio until I knew they would understand that the "musicians" do not want others to act the way they do.

I'd like to say that I have enjoyed this discussion. We may be on different sides but the level of intelligence in this conversation has been very high. Most of the people I debate with are so close minded and un-informed that it is useless to talk to them. Great points on both sides.

Yes it has been rather nice to listen to someone with a open mind,you are right we have differences but we did stick to some facts and respect.boy I understand about close minds!! believe me I do.

That reminds me of the foreign policy of the US pre WWI and II. Non interference. This is the only way to stay out of wars. Be on Defense, not offence. If it wasn't for our countries meddling in foreign affairs such as the Israeli-palestinian conflict, or the Soviet-afganistan conflict, or the Iran-Iraq war, we wouldn't be the target of terrorists, and ~ 3,000 people would still be alive.

But giving licenses to illegals

Believe it or not I FULLY AGREE on the licenses,hell I might even agree on medical bennies EXCEPT(you knew it was comming) for children and full emergencies,hell we take dogs to vets if we hit them ok

Most of the music heard on the radio nowadays is just about as bad.

yep my 11 yr old son and 17yr old daughter love listening to old motown sounds... :D

BTW I wasnt refferring to medical treatment..Everyone deserves medical treatment wether they are illegal or not.. We all know this wasnt the issue.