Sign in to follow this  
ravenclaw_007

SF2 and Force Feedback

i have now my brand new Logitech G940 joystick and try it in SF1 and SF2 games what makes me wonder is that in the SF1 games i have some very good force feedback in SF2 none :dntknw:

does anybody have an idea ????

Just install the latest G940 software, that´ll fix it. I had the same problem when I moved from WoX to SF2 series. No turning back now. :)

Check the two links below, one might be the cause, the other regarding updating firmware.

There are three files that I know of that effect force feedback: options.ini, FlightEngine.INI, FFB"something".INI (this one is called out in the FlightEngine.INI).

If you're using an old FlightEngine.INI that's missing this, no FFB.

http://combatace.com/topic/59150-problems-with-logitech-g940/page__p__443191__hl__g940__fromsearch__1#entry443191

http://combatace.com/topic/56016-anyone-use-a-g940-for-sf2/page__p__413758#entry413758

thank you but so far nothing works i think i may have to install my sf2 new :blink:

Are you using a custom profile for the SF series ? If so set it as a "persistant" profile in the Global Profiler Setings.

here is what i did , i removed the software and driver for the Logitech G940 than i try in SF1 and it worked as well as in SF2E or SF2V or SF2I but if i try to use it in the merged install of SF2 it will not work

the same result after installing the software and driver again the force feedback work´s in all games exept in the merged SF2 :blink::dntknw:

i removed the moddet Flightengine.ini and checkt the option.ini

Edited by ravenclaw_007

I'm using it with the all-in-one installer TK released last year.

Did you try temporarily renaming your mod folder? That way you're running with clean install, at least just for a test.

i have now a complete new and clean installation (even of the complete Computer with win7) and yes there is a sort of force feedback in all SF2 games now the only thing is the effect is "revers" compare to SF1

- in SF1 , if i come in to a stall and try to pull the stick i have the stick shaker antil i´m out off the stall and i have some very good effect

- in SF2 , if i come in to a stall and try to pull the stick there is nothing , the stick shacker begin´s if i bring the stick back in the neutral position ???? :blink: and the effect´s are not that good

SF1 options.ini

[ControlOptions]

ControlMap=Default.INI

Sensitivity=75

DeadZone=20

ForceFeedback=1

TrackIR=1

SF2 options.ini

[ControlOptions]

ControlMap=Default.ini

Sensitivity=90

DeadZone=10

ForceFeedback=1

ForceFeedbackGain=100

TrackIR=1

Edited by ravenclaw_007

If you can test that so extensively you really should report the issue at TK's forum in detail.

I found the problem

in the setup window of the joystick you have the option to aktivate the centering spring force if you deaktivate this option the G940 joystick works just fine in SF2 , small button with big impact :grin:

Scheisse! So einfach!

you are so right :grin: and to find this it takes day´s

i have now a complete new and clean installation (even of the complete Computer with win7) and yes there is a sort of force feedback in all SF2 games now the only thing is the effect is "revers" compare to SF1

- in SF1 , if i come in to a stall and try to pull the stick i have the stick shaker antil i´m out off the stall and i have some very good effect

- in SF2 , if i come in to a stall and try to pull the stick there is nothing , the stick shacker begin´s if i bring the stick back in the neutral position ???? :blink: and the effect´s are not that good

SF1 options.ini

[ControlOptions]

ControlMap=Default.INI

Sensitivity=75

DeadZone=20

ForceFeedback=1

TrackIR=1

SF2 options.ini

[ControlOptions]

ControlMap=Default.ini

Sensitivity=90

DeadZone=10

ForceFeedback=1

ForceFeedbackGain=100

TrackIR=1

Same with me, did you solve it? Would be interesting, if it would be possible to have the correct force feedback input :boredom:

for the correct force feedback i think TK has to adjust the game a bit , in general the effects are good in SF1 but not in SF2 in SF2 the effects are more shallow and sometimes even none in SF1 you realy feel the effects

a value to adjust the force feedback would be nice so everybody could adjust it to there liking