Sign in to follow this  
Julhelm

A/F-24 Shadowcat

A/F-24 Shadowcat

A/F-24 Shadowcat (AFX) for Strike Fighters 2

----------------------------------------------

Preface:

After making the first attempt at modelling this concept, which ended up as the not-very-accurate F-24 Shadowcat for WOI, I decided to go back and, armed with a lot more research material and better workflow, redo the entire thing from the ground up as accurate as is possible with unbuilt concepts. It originally was to feature a new cockpit based on that of the A-12 Avenger II, but this turned out to look quite ugly ingame. I eventually found out that the real thing was to use cockpit displays from the F-22 for sakes of commonality, so I decided I might as well build a straight-down navalized F-22 cockpit for which a whole lot more reference material is available.

Known Issues:

The cockpit isn't 100% complete. I thought it was better to release something that's 99% complete and fix it later which I will as it was always part of the plan to adapt the cockpit back into a straight F-22 pit.

For some reason all of your wingmen except #2 will tip over and crash on the taxiway. No idea why this happens. They all start fine from the carrier though.

Credits:

Models & textures by Julhelm

FM by Fubar512

Avionics by Jat

As usual, these files may not be used in payware or otherwise tampered with and reposted without my consent which you may request at NilsD at bredband dot net.

This message will self destruct in five seconds.

Hello,

I like it! :good:

Thank you...

Coupi.

Many thanks!

Just a little question...in loadout.ini is indicated an AIM-152...where I can find it?

Thanks again! :bye:

Oh. The AIM-152 isn't released yet due to some bugs. Just use the other loadouts in the meantime.

So, uh, if anyone can figure out why the wingies tip over post it here so I can patch the file :)

Hello,

it is very nice but the Afterburner Fire and Sound don't work. I've tried somethings with the INI File but nothing helps. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Erol

Hi Julhem, I have noticed some animation problem with the shocks on the left main gear, also when throttle on idle, aircraft is turning to the left. May be there is some connection between the left main gear shock animation problem, the wingies tipping over and the aircraft turning to the left at idle throttle.

Hello,

it is very nice but the Afterburner Fire and Sound don't work. I've tried somethings with the INI File but nothing helps. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Erol

It uses the sounds from the F-22 IIRC.

Hi Julhem, I have noticed some animation problem with the shocks on the left main gear, also when throttle on idle, aircraft is turning to the left. May be there is some connection between the left main gear shock animation problem, the wingies tipping over and the aircraft turning to the left at idle throttle.

What is the animation problem? I don't see anything on my end. I know about the turning to the left thing. No idea why as all engine/gear values match on both sides.

Btw, I just went through the data ini trying to find anything and I noticed the CG had some offset to it, so I changed this back to 0,0,0 to match the models CG, and the tipping over problem seems to have stopped.

Give this data ini a go and see if it works for you too. If so, I'll update the download:

AFX_DATA.rar

It could well be a local problem, just in my install, but here it is...

1. RightMainGear -> had to change from

ReverseShockOrientation=TRUE

ReverseWheelRotation=TRUE

to

ReverseShockOrientation=FALSE

ReverseWheelRotation=FALSE

Now in my install right main gear wheel rotates in the proper direction and the shock extends and retracts as it is supposed to - when weight is added, it retracts, when aerodinamic lift is applied, it extends.

2. LeftMainGear -> tyre rotates properly, but the shock works in reverse mode - when weight is added, it actually extends, when aerodinamic lift is applied, it actually retracts.

The easiest shock movement test for me is on take off, add little power and before take-off speed is reached shake the aircraft from left to left and from right to left using ailerons. It is during this test that each time I obeserve the reverse shock animation on the left main gear. Adding ReverseShockOrientation=TRUE had no effect, neither adding ReverseShockOrientation=FALSE.

A visual proof of the problem (again, could be local, just for me) is visible on these screenshots:

http://combatace.com/gallery/image/17552-af-24-1/

http://combatace.com/gallery/image/17553-af-24-2/

Take a look at both wheels of the main gear - the right one sits properly, while the left one is sinking into the runway. Rolling radius is the same - 0.55 for both wheels. Initially both wheels were sinking, but after I editted the right main gear entry as I described above, the right wheel was fixed.

P.S. I have not tested the new data file yet.

Edited by svetlinnh

OK, the new data file fixes the problem with the left wheel, but for the right one, I think you should put:

ReverseShockOrientation=FALSE

ReverseWheelRotation=FALSE

Also I would suggest the following changes:

[LeftInnerWingStation]

AttachmentPosition=-3.24,-0.96,0.126

//------------------------------

[RightInnerWingStation]

AttachmentPosition=3.24,-0.96,0.126

[LeftOuterWingStation]

AttachmentPosition=-4.14,-3.46,0.286

[RightOuterWingStation]

AttachmentPosition=4.14,-3.46,0.286

Fix works for me.

Congratulations Julhelm - it's a superb replacement for the Intruder and the Tomcat!

Am I the only one with the problem, that with the new data.ini a big green slimer appears in the cockpit...right in the HUD?

No. I'll be updating this in the weekend to weed out the bugs.

And plz also fix the LAU-115C Launchersystem for the AMRAAM. It does not fire any missiles. Can't even see it in the weapons bay.

i´m also getting this slimer problem. there are any updates on this bird?

Ok, I fixed the "SLIMER" problem people are having after zeroing out the CGposition, in the DATA.ini go down to

[Fuselage]

ModelNodeName=Fuselage

ShowFromCockpit=TRUE <---- Change this to FALSE

MassFraction=0.391

HasAeroCoefficients=TRUE

Now to figure out how to fix the problem with the radar screen......

Edited by Bravo2009

try this in the avionics.ini if i remember correctly

[TextureData]

RadarTexture=cockpit\MFD_Radar.dds

RWRTexture=cockpit\RWR.dds

RadarAGTexture=cockpit\AG_PPI.dds

EOTexture=cockpit\MFD_Radar.dds

RadarTextureSize=256

I just installed this jet on a fully patched merged install. Some cockpit textures are missing, left and right consoles are there, minus stick and throttle....any ideas? Perhaps the new patches do something? Using W7, had it installed when first released, and all was well.